What amp to power 2 type r's ?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

yowhobedat
10+ year member

I scrapped my old system, and am startIng all over. At the moment, I think I dEcided on 2 10" type rs. They are 1200 watt rms, and going in a sealed enclosure. I seen sum Polk audio, hifonics, and mtx amps all rated for 1200 rms. Some people said those amps are under rated, and others say I should get 1400 to overpower it. My budget is 300-350, but I'll take the cheapest option available. Any help is appreciated.

What coil configuration?

I ran a Kicker ZX1000(1233RMS) with my 2 duel 2ohm 12 Type Rs at 2ohms.. It was a very good combo. you can find one used for 300.

If you got duel 4ohm the options are going to cost less but they will be harder on your electrical at 1ohm.

Probably wire the subs to 1 ohm. Id prefer new, I had bad expierencea buying used. I just sold my old system cuz the used amp I bought kept blowing my subs. Ima look into that kicker , I Hurd kicke don hav good quality anymore. I'm going for sq. Is Polk audio a good brand? The Polk audio pa1200 amp, is it good?

They are not bad they just lack in the SQ department. They get plenty loud and have a nice low end but I think the hard plastic cones make them not sound as good as a paper cone. But they do sound better then kickers!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.