Power Acoustiks

tpatten12345
10+ year member

I am looking at getting a component set from polk audio and an amp. I have never had a speaker amp before or a decent set of speakers.

I think I have decided on the mm6501 speaker set however I am a little unsure on what to get for an amp. I was looking at power acoustiks being that they fit well in my price range.

My question for you is would you recommend my getting an amp from power acoustiks? and if you would which model would you recommend for under about $175 and able to push 125 watts rms x2 or 4 at 3 ohms?

so

is power acoustiks a decent brand?

and which model would you recommend?

I just said the Hifonics BRZ series and you dont need to put 125 on those polks.. a good clean 75 will be better then a cheap 125.

You can find used JL 300/4s on craigslist all the time

I was looking at the t400-2 which I may still do. I want to give the polks the full power which is 125 rms at 3 ohms. i would love to get an amp that does 125 at 4 ohms so i will have a little extra power for the future.

as it stands now I am leaning towards the t400-2 from rockford I just know I will be over paying
the t400s are nice amps I loved mine, they're underrated too actual output is about 150 @4 on them. if you look in the classifieds for awhile you may be able to find a used one for a good price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.