What amp should I run these off of?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrillCosby

fairly expierienced with subs,but i know nothing about mids/highs since ive always been blessed with quality door speakers. What amp should i use to run two "Selenium DT150 Super Tweeter with 4"x4" Horn"

75 watts RMS/105 watts peak

8 ohms

i want something that will make these guys scream but it wont fry them,thanks

They're gunna sound meh anyways, just pick something that isnt BOSS or any crap manufacturer. Maybe MB Quart ONX is cheapest thatll put out near rated? Not too fond of pro audio so Im not too knowledgeable in this category

EDIT - You have to give people more than 6 minutes to answer, dont bump every couple minutes its annoying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They're gunna sound meh anyways, just pick something that isnt BOSS or any crap manufacturer. Maybe MB Quart ONX is cheapest thatll put out near rated? Not too fond of pro audio so Im not too knowledgeable in this category

EDIT - You have to give people more than 6 minutes to answer, dont bump every couple minutes its annoying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Should i look for something 2 channel since its two speakers and what ohms should the amp be,and i only bumped once and waited 10 minutes,im planning setting them up today so yea

Most specs for amps are not listed at 8 ohms. Probably better to grab a 4 channel that puts out 150 x 2 @ 4ohms. That will net you close to the 75rms for each speaker at 8 ohms.

A decent 4 channel that does around 75w x 4 at 2 ohms. Wire those in parallel and bridge to two channels and put a couple loud cone mid ranges on the other two channels. Those alone will be very harsh and raspy sounding and you probably won't want to give them full power. Be sure to use a proper crossover too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.