What amp for two Rockford T2D212 12" 1200w RMS subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had 2 T1 subs that were D4's so I ran a 1ohm load with 4 to a Hifonics 2601D and it was the most perfect fit ever. Before I sold them a couple months ago, the coils still looked perfect. They never got smelly. And I did push them, I pushed them really hard. But I am on the bandwagon that says be conservative by a couple hundred watts, and be safe. Though I have heard these subs really start shining with 1,000 watts on each coil. Have you gotten a design for an enclosure yet?

Depending on the efficiency of your enclosure design, a fair amount of leadway can be given to power your subs. When you get a proper enclosure designed, you will be able to narrow the power requirements down. In my experienced opinion, I would feed no more than 2400-2500 watts to them. I think as you get your design finished, you will be able to feed them much more safely. if you try to feed them 3,000 in a prefab enclosure, you're gonna pop them.

Thanks. I'm planning on using the RF box wizard that they have on their site for the design. I think I'm leaning toward the Kicker 2500.1 amp which about fits your description I think.

That's a cool amp, and it should put out rated if not more. But in all honesty, I wouldn't use an online wizard for box design if I was you. There are some really good links in this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-reference-database/534269-useful-web-links-car-audio-references.html

It's amazing how much has to be considered when properly designing a box. Is it possible, Very Possible, is it worth it, YES! But it will take a lot of studying, which when it comes to car audio, it's always worth it. Properly designing enclosures is something I have always wanted to do. It's an art, passion and very rewarding. But I would not rely on an online calculator to do it for you. Many of them are off and don't take into account variables that can't be entered into an equation. One of the funnest parts of car audio is the "experimenting" factor which is something I enjoy too. I hope you start a build log so everybody can help out and watch your hard work come to light. I hope if you have any other questions you don't hesitate to ask someone, alot of people here love to help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.