What amp do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list
They are 8 ohm's each. So you could wire them in parallel down to 2.66 ohms, but keep in mind that will result in mono, (not sure if those horns are stereo or just mono (like a sub). So you would be looking for an amp that can do 450w @ 2.66ohms x 1ch.

Without doing the math again, I remember, 2.66ohms is right in the middle of 2 and 4 ohms. So if you want something that will do 450w at 2.66ohms on 1ch, Just about any amp that can do a combined 900w at 2 ohm and 4 ohm will do it. (i.e. if it will do 350w at 4ohms & 550w @ 2ohms, or 300w at 4 ohms, and 600w at 2 ohms, and it will work). You can always go higher and turn down the amp.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
While we're speculating, why not bump up your volume gain (no pun intended) for just a few dollars more (literally) and go with the 8" versions of...
* The fuse at the start of the cable needs to be equal to or greater than the fuse/load at the end of the run. * The cable needs to be capable of...
Thank you for your reply. What if I wire in series for 8 ohm load ? Sorry for my newbie questions, but wouldn't it have better sound quality...

About this thread

Darro148

CarAudio.com Newbie
Darro148
new York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from