What Amp do I need?

ChaseWCanon

I recently got 2 Sony Xplod Series 12" 1000 Watt Single 4 Ohm Subwoofers

amazon.com/Brand-XS-GTX120LW-Xplod-Single-Subwoofer/dp/B005N29DPS/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362108325&sr=1-11&keywords=xplod+amp

And I need to purchase a Amp for it, Im looking for the best amp to work with these subs for an reasonable price. All help is thanked!

those subs prolly take 300 rms ,dont look at max ratings ,they will get you in trouble ,also you need an amp that will give you the power you need at 2 ohms and more at 1 ohm.also a budget would help .

those subs prolly take 300 rms ,dont look at max ratings ,they will get you in trouble ,also you need an amp that will give you the power you need at 2 ohms and more at 1 ohm.also a budget would help .
About 180 at most, I would prefer if it was less but this is absolute max. If you could give me some suggestions, that would be great!

Also, Why wouldn't I get one that will give me the power I would need at 4 ohms? I thought that was what it needed, forgive me for not knowing, this is my first set up.

View attachment 26540309your subs are single 4 ohm subs ,when wired together you'll get a 2 ohm loud.so you need an amp that for subs .i have a really nice autotek amp that is 1 ohm stable .its rated at 5oo rms at 1 ohm and 300 rms at 2 ohms.but it's very under rated ,it puts out closer to 1000 rms at 1 ohm and 600 at 2 ohms which would be perfect for your subs.its used but in pretty much new condition .also has the bass knob and cord 200 shipped .i have pics to

Well how much do you think a decent amp will run me, Im looking for a new one (Sorry, I just don't want to have to worry about anything) that will run those 2 subs and nothing else. I would like to have some money left over to put towards other projects but if not that's fine. Link to a good amp would be nice if you could get me one.

Hey brother I have a Sony explode amp I will sell ya I bought it to run my mid/high range when I was out of town and my amp fried. I ran it for 4 days and have the original box and receipt I have the owners manual as well as all the hardware that came with it, it looks brand new and is actually the amp that Sony recommends for this subs on their website I paid 160$ for it and ill turn it loose for 90$.. Pm me and I'll send pics .

If you're worried about warranty and whatnot, I'm pretty sure mylows10 is authorized so you'll get the same manufacturer warranty anyway. Stay away from Sony amps or you're going to be spending more money down the road anyway.

I would prefer to get a amp to match my Sony Xplod Sub and Radio if at all possible
trust me you dont want a sony amp ,they are junk ,there is much better for the money
Wanna see 600 watts of Sony power!?

IMAG0200_zps76d04c77.jpg

Now look at any other decent 600 watt amp and tell ne you still want a Sony.

Wanna see 600 watts of Sony power!?
IMAG0200_zps76d04c77.jpg

Now look at any other decent 600 watt amp and tell ne you still want a Sony.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.