Idq12v3 what is a good amp for this subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dill30705

What is a good amp for the idq12v3 woofer. I'm planning on getting a mono class d amp. Running it in a custom built .9 cubic foot sealed box in the jump seat cubby hole in my 95 ford ranger xlt.

I have looked at the following :

Jl jx500/1d

Cadence Acoustics CSA5000.1

Alpine MRP-M500

Sound stream rub1.1000d

I'm open to all thought I'm really lost as to what amp to buy my budget is 200 I might could pull off 250 if it really would make a huge difference I'm on a high school no job budget ? but I do run the sound system at my church and I am very picky about my music quality being top notch . Which amp listed is the bet for my needs? If you recommend a different amp it has to be 2 ohms stable at 500watts. I'm also looking for the best SQ system my money can buy. Please help I'm so lost amps are one thing I'm not super familiar with their are so many of so many makes it get straight up confusing.

For $200, a PPI Phantom P1000.1 or SoundStream TN1.1200D are a great value. These are the same amplifier inside. You get honest 1000watt RMS power with 2ohm impedance. I have a P1000.1 in my car, powering a 4ohm subwoofer. It sounds super clean. These amplifiers have some much power that it almost won't matter if you get a D2 model wired in series or D4 model wires in parallel. Having said that, the IDQ v3 have very good sensitivity. You could easily get away powering with just say ~300watts from a 4-channel amplifier, a couple channels bridged, or a subwoofer channel from a 5-channel amplifier. If you want a good amplifier for ~$150ish, take a look a PPI Phantom P600. It has ~600watt output but the subwoofers impedance have to be 4ohm at least (so you would need a D2 model)

What about the alpine mrv m500 is it any good I have found one new for 167?I only need 500 to 700 watts rms at 2 ohms
Perhaps. It should be ok. I would have preferred a PPI P600.2 bridged, because I like being able to turn off the crossovers on the amplifier when possible. The P600.2 would work best with D2 model. The m500 would work best with D4 model.

The problem with it is im wanting a class d amp to make sure I get the best efficency possible becuase I have a 95 amp alt and I'm pulling 300 watts off a 4 channel right now I'm afraid if I don't get a class d amp it might draw more than my truck can handle. When running bright lights,interior LEDs and heater all at the same time. And I haven't checked the price on the ppi p600.2 I'm goin to later today but keep in mind it has to be under 200 with a bass remote knob and I would like to stay away from huge amps also unless its just an amazing amp

The P600.2 does not have a remote bass knob, so you can scratch that. If you want a super-efficient setup, you get an amplifier that gives you sufficient power while running with 4ohm impedance. For example, the P1000.1/TN1.1200D can give you about 600watts RMS power if the subwoofer is wired for 4ohm impedance. This will be plenty for IDQ. All amplifiers run more efficiently at higher impedance loads. The P1000.1 will probably give you +85% efficiency at 4ohm. The only downside is that you can certainly get 500-600watts more cheaply if you wire your subwoofer for 2ohm impedance. I also heard that some Alpine mono amplifiers are implemented as a bridged 2-channel amplifier, so they're probably less efficient than comparable amplifier, but still pretty efficient as expected from a Class D amp. The Alpine is good amp, and PPI P1000.1 is better, with a corresponding price premium. Either one will be fine IMHO.

More importantly, make sure you run quality power and ground wires to amplifiers. The thicker wire and the shorter wire, the less voltage loss you will get. I'd get a nice 4awg Kolosus flekx wire from Knukonceptz or similar. I also highly recommend to ground the battery to car body with a better than stock wire. 4awg wire would be great. Of course, a full big 3 is even a better idea if you're truly dedicated to get the most out of your car's electrical.

I have 2 gauge premium copper wire run as a power wire it was a spare wire for a welder at my dads work they didn't need. I think I run exactly 16 foot or 12 foot of cable I can't remember. Ground is also 2 gauge copper at the battery and amp. And I'll look at the p1000.1 I was unaware that high ohm or Impedance meant greater efficiency

i have a mint condition autotek super sport class d 500.1 i'd sell ya does closer to 800 rms at 1 ohm and has the bass knob. looks almost new ,and is a 7 year old amp .one of the last great autotek amps 200 shipped .never been repaired either.

i have a mint condition autotek super sport class d 500.1 i'd sell ya does closer to 800 rms at 1 ohm and has the bass knob. looks almost new ,and is a 7 year old amp .one of the last great autotek amps 200 shipped .never been repaired either.

No thanks I can get the new ppi p1000.1 for 170

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.