What amp? 2 12" Kicker Comp VR

Brent1223
10+ year member

USMC
Hey people,

I have 2 12" Comp VR's (the older ones that are all black)... What kind of amp would work best for these (dual 2 ohm, so their at 4 ohms a piece now)... I'm thinking of some kind of Kicker 2ohm mono load...

Are these subs 300 watts RMS?

I'm pretty sure WAY back someone said to get some kind of kicker 600.1 or something but It's been so long I just need a refresher //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks a lot!

Semper Fi,

-Brent

All the Orion's I saw were like in the high $400's... Where are they 250 @?

Does anyone know what the RMS is for the VR's for sure. most all I can find are specs on the newer ones... I have the older all black ones...

Ok dude, I have the info you need so read up:

I am on my second set of Kicker CompVR 12's, the first were dual 4 ohm models. I was giving them TWELVE HUNDRED WATTS RMS EACH in a ported box. The first one went at three months, the other blew out at 5 months. Cause of failure on one was a mechanically broken voice coil, (The other VC still worked and I sold it on EBay!). the second woofer siezed up one day and now I keep change in it. What's crazy is that they lasted that long playing bass tracks all the time. Also goes to show that pure clean power enables high power capabilities... to some extent.

My second pair is the one I am using now, two dual 2ohm CVR's, also 12s. I have these in the same ported box running off of one amp at around 1200 watts rms. While the amp is capable of giving them more power than they can use, overall it's a good combo and sounds great. I don't really have any concerns about woofer longevity, they seem to take it fine. So in a short answer, a compVR is good for anywhere from rated rms to about double rated rms. Any higher and eventually it will fry.

Hope this helps, and for anyone who thinks I am a dumbass for giving two entry level subs, well ok I am, but I wanted to break 145db with a 30hz box, and see how tough CVR's really are :]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.