What am I missing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgboost

So i just finished installing Hertz MLK 165s up front and a JL HD 600/4 in a bi-amp configuration with a HU 9887 in a 95 300zxTT.

I won't have my subs in for another week. 2 10w3s with a JL500/1. Now it sounds good, but I listened to the same track in my wife's 540i, and it sounds completely smoother,more detailed, and accurate although not quite as loud.

I'm expecting it will sound far better overall once the subs are in, but current setup hasn't impressed so far like they did in the demo room.

Head unit flat, gains up 25-30% crossed over at 80-90 Hertz. The midbass is strong, tweets are fine, but its the range in the middle that should be more detailed.

Any suggestions?

so I just found out that the passenger side mid is has no output. It was working fine a few days ago. I've checked all the connections, something may be blown from the looks of it ;-(

check mid with a dmm or pop test with a battery. How much power is that jl sending the sending the mlk's. I know what bi-amping is but what exactly are you speaking of when you say your running in a biamp configuration. Are you running two channels to the mids and two to the tweeters? If so is the jumper on crossover in correct positon?????

One of the terminals on the mid was disconnected. Much better - mids sound great, but still missing the vocal liveliness.

The crossover switch is set correctly. The front channels are going to the mids and the rear channels are going to the tweeters. 300 watts per side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.