What Am I Doing Wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a single American Bass XFL 1244 and an American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1D. I want to get a 2 ohm load. Here is a video of what I have set up now. The subwoofer almost gets no movement with this. The amp turns on. What am I doing wrong?
What do I have wrong? - YouTube
Double check your terminals on your sub from pos to pos to neg to neg straight to the amp. Also are you using a Line Out Converter (high low converter)? I had this problem with mine.. If I plugged both RCA's in it sounded ****, I unplug one of the RCA's and it sounds like it should.. Not sure why, but yeah.. Try un plugging one.

Double check your terminals on your sub from pos to pos to neg to neg straight to the amp. Also are you using a Line Out Converter (high low converter)? I had this problem with mine.. If I plugged both RCA's in it sounded ****, I unplug one of the RCA's and it sounds like it should.. Not sure why, but yeah.. Try un plugging one.
All of my speaker wire connections look great. I will try to unplug one of the RCA's now. I remember it sounding different when I did that to reverse them last night, but the volume was at a low setting. I do not know what the converter is.

All of my speaker wire connections look great. I will try to unplug one of the RCA's now. I remember it sounding different when I did that to reverse them last night, but the volume was at a low setting. I do not know what the converter is.
Hmm okay, try that. You may not have one.. Generally you only use a converter if you're running a stock radio because stock radios don't have RCA imputs on the back of them.

Why is there two positives and two negatives for speaker inputs on the back of my amp if it's a monoblock?
its just to make adding a second subwoofer easier most if not all mono blocks are like that

Thats a mono amp. mono means 1. 1 channel can not be bridged. I think you are expecting to much.
I'm not expecting too much. The sub is literally not moving. I went and troubleshooted with a local car shop and my RCAs or RCA inputs on my head unit have gone bad in the period my system was not hooked up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.