What Alarm do you Prefer???

DEI..G5 is my first choice with the release of the 5.5X soon. Then Clifford/Viper/Python. All the same, just cosmetically different.

Whats the problem with you Python? Have you brought it back to the dealer that installed it?

DEI..G5 is my first choice with the release of the 5.5X soon. Then Clifford/Viper/Python. All the same, just cosmetically different.
Whats the problem with you Python? Have you brought it back to the dealer that installed it?
Anytime you use the Autostart the Check engine light come on and stays on for about a week or two and the transmission doesn't shift right... Feels real late or RPMs go way higher before it shifts... After a week or so t will clear up.

The LCD on the remote, uses about 1 Battery a month even if I don't use it or drive it, 2-3 if I do...

The Remote use to Beep and vibrate when alarm was triggered, now it does neither.

Sometimes, it will false for no reason and is really hard to stop/disarm. You should just hit the button for a few seconds at most...

It will no longer pop the rear hatch, kinda a ***** since I had it shaved.

I think the shock sensor stopped working too.

Sirens are mounted like all my other alarms and now seems no where near as loud as the others...

Just plain acts wierd all the time...

I have taken it back to Ultimate Electronics a few times now and they told me the the shifting problem was something to do with my Blazer, not the alarm... I'd have to take it to the dealer. Dealer says its the Alarm....

I've had it well over a year now, so its not they (U.E.) is going to be any more helpful than they were'nt the 1st few times...

what year is your blazer? sounds like they didn't hook up the brown or white wire **3rd ignition or 2nd accessory**... as far as popping the rear hatch... they prolly used t-taps or somethin like that... check to see if they soldered all connections and make sure the voltage is going through correctly... for the siren... yes my viper 771xv siren is not as loud as some other sirens... not a problem... go around to other car stereo shops and find another siren and connect 2 wires and remount it... for batteries in the remote... AFAIK there is a battery saver mode on that... read ur owners manual for info on the beeps/vibration/battery life...

oh i see it's a 2000 s-10 blazer now lol... 2morrow when i'm at work i'll pull up i'll try 2 remember 2 pull up a diagram for your vehicle... and get back 2 u about anything they should've done to prevent the check engine light and transmission problems... but it's a GM... i'm almost positive it's because they didn't connect all the ignition and accessory wires like they should have...

** and btw... i prefer DEI... and prestige by audiovox... nothing but problems with all the fancy code alarm CA series i install at work... i have a APS-255C Prestige alarm on my integra... and a Vipe 771XV on my Mazda 3 and i have no problems whatsoever i changed my battery for the first time last nite... lasted me about 3 months... no big deal it's one AAA batter lol **

Anytime you use the Autostart the Check engine light come on and stays on for about a week or two and the transmission doesn't shift right... Feels real late or RPMs go way higher before it shifts... After a week or so t will clear up.
The LCD on the remote, uses about 1 Battery a month even if I don't use it or drive it, 2-3 if I do...

The Remote use to Beep and vibrate when alarm was triggered, now it does neither.

Sometimes, it will false for no reason and is really hard to stop/disarm. You should just hit the button for a few seconds at most...

It will no longer pop the rear hatch, kinda a ***** since I had it shaved.

I think the shock sensor stopped working too.

Sirens are mounted like all my other alarms and now seems no where near as loud as the others...

Just plain acts wierd all the time...

I have taken it back to Ultimate Electronics a few times now and they told me the the shifting problem was something to do with my Blazer, not the alarm... I'd have to take it to the dealer. Dealer says its the Alarm....

I've had it well over a year now, so its not they (U.E.) is going to be any more helpful than they were'nt the 1st few times...

Sounds like a plain and simple bad install job.

Like Slody said, most likely an igntion problem for the tranny. One of them is not powered up correctly.

Shock sensor and remote are both covered under warranty in which case you have them replace both. If its still within the first year of ownership. Which is a technicality, they can still replace them.

Trunk is most likely just a loose connection. Theres nothing tricky about them, its a simple negative pulse.

The siren, yes, can be easily replaced.

-_Don

The T-taps are not part of the CE light problem. However, they may have forgotten the 2nd accessory as has been said, and they also may have wired their own StK relay and made a three-wire bridge on the relay that makes warning lights come on. Bottom line - Consumer Reports says an alarm can ONLy be as good as its install, and they are right.

DEI's biggest drawback is they don't care what stupid dumbasses sell their products. That's why W... Hornet is spelled like that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.