what 4 channel amp has band pass?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not sure of others but I believe the Sundown Sax100.4 would be able to fit what you need.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/1004.html

Rated power output
----RMS power, 4 ohm stereo

100W x 4CH

----RMS power, 2 ohm stereo

160W x 4CH

----RMS power, 4 ohm bridged

320W x 2CH

Signal to Noise Ratio >90dB

Low pass frequency crossover

50Hz~500Hz (CH1&2)

50Hz~5KHz (CH3&4)

High Pass Crossover

50Hz~5KHz (CH1&2)

50Hz~500Hz (CH3&4)

Variable Subsonic Filter 10Hz to 500Hz

Frequency Response 10Hz ~ 40KHz (+/-1dB)

Bass Boost 0~18dB

Variable Bass-Boost Frequency Control 35Hz to 120Hz

Frequency Response 10Hz ~ 40KHz (+/-1dB)

THD@RMS Watts

Channel Separation 75dB

Fuse Rating 30A x 3

Input Sensitivity Variable 200mV~6V (+/- 5%)

Dimensions 252(W) x 58(H) x 480(L)mm
Put the tweeters on channels 1/2 with a highpass up where you need it and then the mids highpassed around 80hz or wherever works for you and lowpassed up close to where the tweeters are highpassed.

hummm the description sound about right but i dont see a band pass setting. its important so i wont have to use the passive crossover. there is the soundstream rubicon but i want to look for other brands.

yah your right! actualy it will be more like 200 for the mids i am running a 2 chanel amp run my midbass. i have a 3 way system. want to get rid of the crossover for my mid range and tweeters

yah your right! actualy it will be more like 200 for the mids i am running a 2 chanel amp run my midbass. i have a 3 way system. want to get rid of the crossover for my mid range and tweeters
Sorry I forgot, I know there is a way to do it on that amp though.

You put the mids on channels 3/4 and set the Subsonic filter as your highpass filter, somewhere around 80hz or so, then lowpass it up where you need too. Then the tweeters will go on channels 1/2 and be highpassed where you need it. The combination of the subsonic filtering out the lower frequencies and the lowpass filtering out the higher frequencies will create the bandpass filter you need around the mids.

I thought there was more slope options but they are listing a selectable 12db and 24db selectable slope.

where can i buy this amp?
Best idea I can think would be to send a PM to Sundowz on this forum. This is Jake the owner of Sundown Audio, great guy to deal with and usually quick as email and PM responses. Here is the email address, sundownz@sundownaudio.com

If anything Jake at the least can point you to the closest dealer who can make it happen.

I have an older version of the amp ( I think its been through 4 revisions) but its a great amp as well as any of the other sundown products. I am sure there are other amps that can do what you need but you can't go wrong with Sundown products, in my humble opinion of course.

Sundown 100.4
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_11&products_id=

Or if you want extremely adjustable you could get a Kicker SX900.4, All the controls are digital so you can change your crossover freq's and slopes to whatever you like. IIRC the slopes are anywhere from 0db to 36 or 48 db on the multi channels.

Then you could also find an SXRC and be able to change all the settings from the front.
i almost bought one.

almost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.