What 10" sub for .37 cu ft sealed enclosure?

longbedbob

USA
Ford F150 Supercab. Because I use the rear floor, I'm limited to the area behind the rear seat and 2/3s of that is reserved for amps, fuse holders, jack, etc.

Here's my current set up:

JL Audio JX500/1 (300watts @ 4 ohms and 500 watts @ 2 ohms)

Rockford Fosgate R2S 1x10 sub/enclosure. Sealed, wedge type enclosure with a 10 inch shallow mount sub rated at 200 watts @2 ohms. This is the largest

By my measurements, the enclosure is about .37 cu ft without the volume of the woofer coil factored in.

According to Rockford Fosgate's website, the shallow mount subwoofer is model R2SD2-10 but was designed to work in a sealed enclosure with a volume of .7 cu feet.

So, they took the sub and put it in an enclosure that's almost half the recommended volume.

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade.

JL has a few good options that either meet one condition but not another.

The 10TW1-4 will work at that volume (.35) but the top mount depth is deeper than the enclosure. So it won't fit.

That leaves the 10TW3-D4, which is shallow enough to fit but requires .5 cu ft.

If I put some filler in my existing enclosure, can I add the 10TW3? Anything to be concerned about?

Or, does anyone have an alternative to recommend?

FWIW, I like bass to be tight rather than boomy.

See if you can fit this with some poly fill, designed for shallower mounting depth in a seal box. Sundown Audio SD-3 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series
or try the 8 version Sundown Audio SD-3 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series
Thanks. From what info I've found both are too deep. The trapezoidal shape means that the enclosure is only 3.5" deep at the top.

I've thought about putting a 3/4" spacer on the front of the enclosure and going with the low volume JL, but then my rear seat won't fully latch in the upright position. It really is a tight fit in all dimensions. I've had to even cut down the seat mounting bolts to get the RS enclosure in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.