what 1 out of the 3 would be best....

Participant count
  • Participant list
i was going to get a DC Levlel 3 but i was told by them it would be $200.00 ship'd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif so lets just say thats not going to happen:crazy:...so...

i have 3 other's i'm looking at...

1st

PHOENIX GOLD RSdC122

12" Dual 2 ohms Radial SD Competition Subwoofer

Power Handling:

Peak: 1200 watts

RMS: 600 watts

Frequency response: 29-300 Hz

Sensitivity: 94 dB

2nd

ALPINE TYPE R 12" SWR-1222D

12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils

power handling: 200-500 watts RMS (250 watts per coil)

peak power: 1,500 watts

sensitivity: 85 dB

frequency response: 23-500 Hz

3rd

KICKER cvr122-2

12" CompVR sub

Dual 2-ohm dual voice coil

RMS Power 400 watts

Peak power 800 watts

Frequency response 25-500 Hz

what one out of the 3 would be best ? i'm only going to get 1 sub, and it will be in a sealed box for SQ..

PG Sub, but to be honest the DC is well worth the money. Find a used one around here. I got a Level 4 15" for $180 shipped about this time last year.

SQ is all down to the box. Ive read that the Type R is a shitty sounding sub in a sealed box. Id imaging the Kicker is as well. You can get nice SQ out of a ported box if its built and tuned right. Id pick the DC over any of the others due to the fact that its quality is that much better, better customer service, and Rusty is a good guy to work with.

Going from a Level 3 to a Type R or CVR is a pretty big step down...I'd just look for a used sub on here if your that strapped for cash. That being said, I have run Type R's in the past and liked them. They can get pretty darn loud in the right ported box, but I never thought the SQ was anything to write home about...

the amps im look'n at are the ...
HIFONICS ZXI1006

POWER ACOUSTIK OVN2-2200

SPL FX2-1800

MB Quart DSC5001
1. Forget Power Acoustik, it's junk

2. Change your sig, that's not original, someone else already has that in their sig

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.