went to a shop today

pr-festiva
10+ year member

gots to get 150 with pr's
Kent N.Y
Just a little story about my visit to a local stereo shop today.I was just checking out some of the new stuff on the market and avoiding a shopping trip to macys with the wife.I was looking at the new slim line JL sub when the sales man comes in and asks if i need help.I think for a moment then ask what HU's they have that can do a mute volume roll i get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif let me ask my boss.When he comes back we start talking about systems and he tells me about the van he had down in florida back in 2003. Said he had a pair of DD18's in an astro and i was like ok nice subs.Then he said he was running them on 2 sundown audio 2500 watt amps.At that point i was going:confused: he said that the van built so much pressure he had to bolt the doors closed and run several inch thick lexan windows.It gets better,, turns out he couldnt keep the winsheild in the thing.Every time he turned it on the windsheild broke and once he launched it a good 20 feet,LOL.I then inquired what he was hitting in a non extream car that was in extream class( he said he drove it every day).He said he was doing 169 with it(mind ya 5k watts).I asked what his box was tuned to and he said 32HZ, he said they should have tuned it to 26Hz but the subs were breaking the 3" thick MDF.At this point i had to leave. Just thought id share a trip to the stereo shop in greece ny with you guys.Sorry about the obvious spelling and gramar mistakes.

i wish i would have had it there but the wife drove,,,she has a pair of atomic ELE's in her ride.But she just dropped me off and went a couple blocks to the mall:(

The guy said he wanted to have a sound off there,,last thing i said to him was"do it so me and some guys i know can show you what real loud cars are like lol

I give every body a shadow of a doubt in the shops i visit but **** this guy just went crazy with the truth streching

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.