Went and had a listen

2kchevy06civic
5,000+ posts

Learn to swim
Arizona Bay
Well, I went to my local shop that carries Klipsch and I finally got to hear the RF-83's and I must say I was really really impressed by what I heard. I've just grown up with klipsch all my life and I'm really used to the sound they have but this was just amazing. They sounded extremely clear and had very good low end. The price is kind of mehhhhhhh but they are def on my list to purchase unless I can find something else that just blows those out of the water.

Just thought I would share, I've been looking at them for sometime, anyone else heard them and have input?

They sounded extremely clear and had very good low end.

Horn loaded top end.

You are probably a full range SPL junky and haven't realized it yet.

You would probably love something like this;

http://home.pacbell.net/lordpk/lambda/pspkr.jpg

Unity horn {four midrange drivers and one HF driver in the horn lense},

two wideband 15" woofers with passive radiator.

Too bad those aren't available anymore, one of the unique recipes in audio.

This probably won't sound as good as the above, but you can get

a taste of the unity sound and it is available. I have doubt on the

quality of drivers used, but who knows.

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=29&cat=38

The closest place that demo's B&W stuff is near 2 hours away. So..........

Umm they just had a sony receiver driving them not sure what model and I didn't see what CD player it was either, a sony or Integra b/c that's all they carry. I'm going to have a listen to some paradigm stuff hopefully next week (you have to schedule an appointment).

I thought the 600 series was more along the lines of 1400 MSRP? Could be wrong though, which if they do sound as good as the 83's that would be amazing but that brings up the near 2 hours away thing again.

I'm not sure what you mean by all out SPL, unless you mean listening to stuff loud? I want to hear and have the speakers reproduce a kick on the bass drum as far as low end. My heresy's do not do that what-so-ever so to hear it from a different speaker I love it. I demo'd the 83's without a sub as well and I thought they were just amazing.

I'm not a fan of Klipsch's newer stuff...I echo what the other guy said that you look into a pair of Cornwalls //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

uhhh space at the place I'm in now becomes a problem as far as the Cornwalls go. I mean they really are amazing speakers my dad has them. I love watching movies at home with those things going and he has an older model reference center channel and older model reference rears and his setup is just bliss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

I dunno, we shall see what paradigm has to offer.

In that price range the Revel towers are reviewed quite highly on the web and in magazines //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

wait after snoopin around i'm guessing you were talking about the concert series F12's? Man for the price, it's def worth looking into.

Edit: After much reading(even in my old issue of A perfect vision) the reviews are just amazing and the price is amazing. Thank you Beat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.