Plays CDs, stereo, aux input

No internal amplifier

Planet Audio P900DVD

2v pre-amp outputs

1 bit D/A converter

Plays CDs, DVDs, stereo, TV, aux input

45 watt x4 internal amplifier

7-inch flip out screen

The Eclipse unit is better made for SQ, and the Planet Audio one is made for DVDs. I'm not sure if I should remove the Eclipse one and replace it with the Planet Audio one, or if I should run both of them. They're both Single DIN and I have a Double DIN dash module. I could put the Planet Audio one above the Eclipse one and just use the Eclipse one for music, Planet Audio for video.

If I were to do that though, how should the units go to the amps? I could use a splitter so that both the Planet Audio unit and the Eclipse unit go to the RCAs for the amps but that seems like it might cause problems with both units sending signal to the amps, and maybe getting feedback/noise all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif There would also be the problem of the two different pre-amp voltages and gains always being wrong on one unit.

Or I could use an RCA/3.5 mm headphone converter and wire the Planet Audio unit to the aux input on the Eclipse stereo. Then I'd control the volume and everything from the Eclipse stereo.

Or I could just use one of the units and sell the other one. Any suggestions?

thought about just selling the DVD player and I could probably get about enough for a 9887. Because I'd also charge to install it for a person. But I do have a 10.4" screen in my car so I'd like to be able to play DVDs in the car, what would be the best way to do that if I don't use the DVD player I have?

Get a cheap dvd player or install a ps2 in the trunk? That is what I am doing I did not want a DD in my dash because I wopuld probably crash so I am installing a xbox 360 in the trunk putting a 15 inch screen in the trunk lid and having sun visor monitors. Just a though.

you could buy those little adapters from radio shack that have two female ins and one male out. not the splitter ones exactly, looks more like a large rca. could combine the sets of rca's behind the decks. problem then would be the gains would be very low for the dvd player, have to turn the volume up pretty high.

thought about putting a PS2 or Xbox or something in my car but there's so little room anywhere for something like that. And using the trunk means that I'd have like no access to the unit without opening the trunk to have to change DVDs, and also having to use the controllers to do anything on it. I thought an in dash unit or something accessible from the interior would be much more convenient.

Or I could sell both and get a setup like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-CD-55090-CD5509-8volts-CD-DVD-w-7002-7200-mkii_W0QQitemZ250434517324QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item3a4f0f794c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

that's what I was thinking, just use the Aux input. Makes sense to me at least, and then I'm using two old school units FTW.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.