welding supply shipping

noob with an RS
10+ year member

i poop on you
earth
hey how long would it take for my weldingsupply.com order of power cable to get here in southern california? i think its gonna be sent from illinois.. anyone know?? i can't wait till i gets here to start my install!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I know the arguements here are, "But, it does the same thing!" Yeah, I know. I'll even agree with you that copper wire is copper wire.

So why do I hate it? IMO.....It's stiff, and it looks like garbage when it's installed.

Other things that torque me off that I witness in this forum.....

-Unfinished (carpet, paint, etc.) sub enclosures and speaker pods

-People who don't run their power wire through the firewall (unless unavoidable)

-Lack of wire tie to "clean up" the look of the install

-Bandpass enclosures

-Lemans and Jack Frost ------haha, just kidding. I like you guys.

-Threads that have way too many replies

-People that say, "I checked all my grounds"......... what does that mean? what did you check them for?

-Sub boxes made from partical board vs. MDF

-People that ask "how loud will this be?"

-People that post a list of all the things they hate.

req for president.

It's stiff, and it looks like garbage when it's installed.
You must have been dealing with different stuff than I've run into. All the welding cable I've used has been as flexible as the equivalent "audio wire". As for the looks, if you can live with a single solid color, I guess that's a personal choice. Personally, I don't mind seeing a flat black cable as my power wire.

what is "welding wire" manufactured to be used for on the weldingsupply site? people use it to supply power their welding machine or something? i ordered 1/0 gauge wire from them.. now to find a local shop that sells fuse holders inexpensive.

So why do I hate it? IMO.....It's stiff, and it looks like garbage when it's installed.

-People who don't run their power wire through the firewall (unless unavoidable)

-Bandpass enclosures

-People that say, "I checked all my grounds"......... what does that mean? what did you check them for?

req for president.
Stiff...********. The 1/0 welding cable that I have from http://www.weldingsupply.com is MORE fexible than any other 1/0 I have. (I have Tsunami, Stinger Expert, Knukonceptz, and a fe more). The jacket on the welding cable is softer than the other people's HARD plastic jacket...i can tie it in a HARD knot really easily. I hate the **** Stinger and Tsunami b/c it won't lose it's curl...but hey...it was free.

You know what I hate: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-People who think welding cable is not flexible (Actually discussed how stupid that was with Jason when we were glassing my door pods this weekend and some 1/0 was laying on the ground).

-People who care more for looks than quality. Performance/Functionality/Quality > Looks. Period //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Last time I tried to clean up my wires...it phucked up my ENTIRE system... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All in good fun! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

PS: I make SEXY plain mdf boxes. All corners rounded, 100% square cuts, the entire box sanded with 300 grit paper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It's so smooth and sexy....

PPS: I apologize...from my experience http://www.weldingsupply.com has QUICK shipping!

IMO.....It's stiff, and it looks like garbage when it's installed.

-Bandpass enclosures

req for president.
You must be a chick. No guy would whine so much.

-People who think welding cable is not flexible (Actually discussed how stupid that was with Jason when we were glassing my door pods this weekend and some 1/0 was laying on the ground).-People who care more for looks than quality. Performance/Functionality/Quality > Looks. Period //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Last time I tried to clean up my wires...it phucked up my ENTIRE system... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've never said performance wasn't important. I do believe that should be your number one goal when designing a system. I'm just saying that if you're going to go to all the trouble of putting it together, make it look nice too.

i have some 1/0 here that is even more flexible than weldingsupply.com. much more flexible than any 'audio' wire i have used. cost me a whopping $0.95 per foot....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.