Welding cable brands??

After talking to electro beam technologies the eb flex is not ofc. I know how people frown upon so I had to ask. Cheapest ofc wire I've seen is royal excelene 2/0 ofc for 2.05 from wireandsupply.com

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

After talking to electro beam technologies the eb flex is not ofc. I know how people frown upon so I had to ask. Cheapest ofc wire I've seen is royal excelene 2/0 ofc for 2.05 from wireandsupply.com
Oxygen free cable is considered a marketing ploy when it comes to welding cable.

All welding wire is rated and certified in the same way and was made to withstand outdoor environments.

Audio cable has used OFC as a term to separate premium from cheap cable. No wire in this world is truly OFC since most have very small pockets of air.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I got this local at Wesco for $2.33/lf. I've used Flex-A-Prene in the past and they are basically the same. Very good wire.

20150212_054420_zps7ig50w6p.jpg

Untitled_zpsyhjteiyb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
1910fbe.png

First off as we know the excelene is not in the 2/0 variation shown here which would be more "up to par" with the China rated 1/0. So assuming the excelene is probably the same size as the tough flex in a 2/0 variation, is that how it compares in physical size to sky high 1/0 which has the same 1 inch diameter of knu kolosuss. Knu and shca have a 1 inch outter and the tough flex has a .80 outter which is about 3/4. This is why i think tough flex looks smaller in the image next to the sky high

Shca wire looks frizzy and the tough flex looks pinched together and pointed down to the right alittle... Pictures can make things look weird. But my 2/0 eb flex is same size as my Knu 1/0, Rockford 1/0, cadence 1/0, ct sounds 1/0, stinger 1/0, etc... I have lots of different wire laying around although that shca does look bigger all together/jacket

This should be good..

I want to see the opinions and statements that demand car audio wire being better then even the crappiest welding wire.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

So those same wire brands are now bigger?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not willing to pay much more for a few strands or .01% of oxygen. I would rather buy local. That's just me. Unless you're pulling max load across the wire I'm not sure you will see a difference. If it's a substantial difference, then I would reconsider.

Wire size does always change because China does whatever they want. I'm not saying I prefer either I just got on the topic because I'll be purchasing wire soon for daily and I'm sure I wouldn't gain between either wire. Just knowing what your actually paying for is my debate. Either the excelene or eb flex will do. People have ran it for years in the same vehicle with no issues

Wire size does always change because China does whatever they want. I'm not saying I prefer either I just got on the topic because I'll be purchasing wire soon for daily and I'm sure I wouldn't gain between either wire. Just knowing what your actually paying for is my debate. Either the excelene or eb flex will do. People have ran it for years in the same vehicle with no issues
No matter what welding wire you buy whether eb flex or excelene, they will both hold rated power.

Car audio wire does not as not all 4g or 1/0g are made the same.

Shca overstuffs there wire to make it bigger, but you will notice corrosion faster due to poor coating/jacketing.

Hey did you guys know that more strands and loosely packed wire will look larger? That's actually bad for performance too because there will be air pockets everywhere.

Even though it looks smaller, welding cable often has just as much copper content unless the wire is just stupid oversized like Knu or SHCA.

With that said I wouldn't ever buy anything other than welding cable given the current prices. Maybe someone will come along with reasonably priced imported wire and change my mind, but then I would question the materials used. For something that the price is mainly determined by the material cost and not labor cost, it will be hard to beat the price of American made cable that doesn't have to be shipped overseas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.