Need help wiring three amps and what speakers should go to it

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gallegos

Texas
So to start off I want to upgrade my system to have three amplifiers. Two four channel amps and one mono block for my subs. My head unit has three rca outputs so I want to do one amp for the highs one for the mids and one for the bass. I know I have to upgrade my electric out out but my question is how do I hook the amps up properly and what size speakers should I put on each amp. My thought was two 6.5s and two fours for the front. Two 6.5 and two 8s for the mids and two 12s for the mono block. Will that work or should I change the speakers I use

speaker sizes are up to you based on what you want to fit where. what vehicle? what are stock sizes and locations? are you adding speakers in other locations? how will you aim or mount them?

buy 4 channel amps that have flexible crossovers and can run on just two inputs (typically a switch or button). that will save you a lot of wiring hassle.

flexible crossovers are HPF and LPF that can be adjusted higher than 500Hz, ideally up to 4,000Hz so they can power tweeters directly. many amps have crossovers that are limited to 200Hz and below and aren't suitable for smaller speakers.

Get a 8ch dsp OP. I have almost exactly the same set up you're talking about. Two 4ch amps and a mono. Get a fused distro block and run a single 1/0 ofc wire to it. I'll take some pics later and show you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.