wedge box with areo ports vs Rectangular

dragonfister
10+ year member

Canada
Car 2000 vw golf

Sub alpine type r 15 ported to 31 hertz in a Rectangular box getting 1000 rms from a mrp 1005

Goals are to keep what i have and gain what i lost, no do not say change your sub to something smaller because its not going to happen. Not selling or trading this sub rather than just use what i have in a smarter manner.

So here is what is on my mind , my current set up bass wise sounds great and fullfils all my requirements but one being far too much wasted space.

The Rectangular box leaves room on each side and the back however its not useable space to say come home from the groceries store.

The plan is to make a wedge box to have it dip into the backs of the rear seats and the sides would be all the way out making the depth as little as possible. Then after i have 2.9 cubic feet ( yes i will add for sub displacement and bracing) throw in some areos to get back my good mix of output and lows. Plus allow me to slap a grill on the sub and use my hatch again.

It sounds fine to me but im really not good with sub boxes and all that so thought i would run it by you guys ......

?

ok thanks for the reply

so where is a good place to pick up areo ports?

keep in mind shipping is factor because its to canada and some places are stupid , for example listing A on ebay was 10 shipped listing b for a comparable product was 40 shipped....

Looking on parts express now , dual 4 inch ports seems more SPL than what my goal is .

plus my sub amp ( alpine mrp 1005 ) and 4 channel ( alpine pdx f4) are going to be mounted on the face , large flared ports take up a lot of space that i need really bad im thinking dual 3's inch flared ports

any thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.