Water in doors

well i sandwhich it between the top of the baffle i use to mount my 8s and the actual door frame...so it just drops behind the motor of the mids like a curtain...its ghetto but gets the job done..

Hey man, I don't have deep pockets. I work hard for my $. I'm trying to do everything I can to save a dollar.
but doing it the cheap way might cost more later on. There's a difference between being frugal and being cheap and you dont want to be cheap.
but if all you care about is the midbass getting wet

If the midbass sound muffled, cut off almost half of the bottom of the baffle so you have sound traveling throughout the door cavity. and the speaker is still fully protected from moisture.

Hey @Gunk I have replaced those side window seals before on my s10 blazer I used to have. They are hard stapled to the door panel and once the panel goes back onto the door itself, should be a fairly tight fit. I tried to slide a dollar bill in between the window and seal and wouldn't go w/o forcing it. That's a good seal and what you want. In that little corner you pointed out, they come oversize when bought new so you have to trim them to your vehicle. If your car is 16 yrs old, shouldn't cost much to replace them. I'd look at ebay or LMC truck for those.

Hey @Gunk I have replaced those side window seals before on my s10 blazer I used to have. They are hard stapled to the door panel and once the panel goes back onto the door itself, should be a fairly tight fit. I tried to slide a dollar bill in between the window and seal and wouldn't go w/o forcing it. That's a good seal and what you want. In that little corner you pointed out, they come oversize when bought new so you have to trim them to your vehicle. If your car is 16 yrs old, shouldn't cost much to replace them. I'd look at ebay or LMC truck for those.
This is pretty helpful. I can see the value of putting new parts in there. The main reason for my post was to find out just what you said. If the replacement parts can fix my problem, ill go for it. I just didnt want to buy new parts that were the same size as what i got.

My original response to @wew lad was an overreaction. My bad.

Ive searched the internet pretty hard for these parts. Their pretty tough to find. Only found at RockAuto for $63 a piece so far but I'll make it work. Its just a 03 Neon but I got it cheap and only has 43k mi on it so i think ill drive it for a while.

This is pretty helpful. I can see the value of putting new parts in there. The main reason for my post was to find out just what you said. If the replacement parts can fix my problem, ill go for it. I just didnt want to buy new parts that were the same size as what i got.

My original response to @wew lad was an overreaction. My bad.

Ive searched the internet pretty hard for these parts. Their pretty tough to find. Only found at RockAuto for $63 a piece so far but I'll make it work. Its just a 03 Neon but I got it cheap and only has 43k mi on it so i think ill drive it for a while.
I wasn't trying to flaunt like I'm rich, because I'm far from it. My point wasn't very clear, but if you spend 3 hours fixing it half ass and it breaks again you're already at $60 time if your labor is worth $20/hr. When you can get a part for $60 and it saves you that much time it makes sense to spend the money. The trim on my truck was like $200+ so I was in your position and fixed it another way but if it was $60 I'd buy the part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.