stripping rcas to get signal from a speaker, how?

Participant count
  • Participant list

darkkon
10+ year member

ohio
does anyone know how to strip one end of the rcas, to connect to a speaker just to get rca inputs from the speaker to plug into the amp

ive done it before but its been like 5 years and i forget which ones i had to twist together after i stripped the rcas to make it work

a diagram would be extremely helpful

what are you trying to do? what gear?

usually you use RCAs to send the audio signal from a deck to an amp. then speaker wires from the amp to the speakers

It depends on what rca's you're using.
If it's a two channel rca with a single cable it can be a little tricky because you have to determine which wire is the center pin (+) and outer barrel (-) for each channel.
The easiest way is to have a DMM with a continuity tester --
Touch the tip of Ch1 with the (+) lead and touch the wires with the (-) lead until you get continuity.
Then touch the barrel of the same channel with (+) and probe the other 3 wires until you find continuity, that's your Ch1 (-). The two other wires will be Ch2.

It's easier if the rca's have separate jackets for each channel.

The tricky part is working with those tiny wires once you determine which is which.
I spent half a day yesterday doing exactly this and eliminated about 90% of my engine noise problem by doing away with my LOC (y)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.