10" or 12"

gator01
10+ year member

i was wondering what everyone prefers 10" or 12" subs and why what is the biggest difference in the two i've heard some stuff about it depends what u like sound wise if u want it lower or what not but i'm not really sure i listen 2 mostly rap if that makes a difference tahnks

there is a few differences b/w a 10 and 12 usually a 10 is a little more punchy with the bass a 12 usually goes lower. 10 are also sumtimes louder bc of the hard puchy hits, but i personally like 12s when listening to rap bc there is a lot of low bass in the songs, but a lot of it is personal preferance.

i agree with EPanther99, 10's usually provide tighter bass and 12's boom a little more. regardless of size, the sound is determined by many factors, i.e., quality of sub, placement in car, type of car, amount of power applied to sub, and the list goes on... basically what i am saying is... try to buy the best quality sub(s) you can afford, even if it means you get 10's instead of 12's.

What the two gentleman say are correct in terms of sounds from the two choices. Personally I find it that if you have a 10" once you hear a 12" you will want those. It has a lot to do with the amount of surface area the sub has (i.e. that is why a lot of people prefer KICKER SOLOBARICS). However it does depend on quality or the sub and amp, as well as location and enclosure. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by gator01 i was wondering what everyone prefers 10" or 12" subs and why what is the biggest difference in the two i've heard some stuff about it depends what u like sound wise if u want it lower or what not but i'm not really sure i listen 2 mostly rap if that makes a difference tahnks
The only dif in 10 & 12 is the 12 plays lower in freq.There may be some small advantages elsware but outside the car theyll never know...

If you listen to mostly rap I would go with to 12's The 12's produce deeper and richer bass. They create a fuller sound and low frequencys....I have 2 12's now and they're great for bass and still retain the clearity for rock music....

Adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gator01

10+ year member
gator01
st.louis m.o
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from