Wanting to hit the looooooows.

NewbieTB

Jul 15, 2011
Is this possible with three 10" inch pioneers with the proper port tuning and box? Some songs just don't sound like they should with my current sealed enclosure.

Kangaroux

I put on
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Dec 26, 2010
Yep. How low are we talking? The low note in white girl, or even lower?

NewbieTB

Jul 15, 2011
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. How low are we talking? The low note in white girl, or even lower?
Thats about right. Im thinking 33hz?

Kangaroux

I put on
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Dec 26, 2010
Thats about right. Im thinking 33hz?
That's the exact frequency of that note so that would work lol. If that's about as low as you listen to you could tune higher, though. Tune the box to 35+ and you will still have plenty of high end. Even if you tuned to 35 or something along those lines, you shouldn't have a problem playing down to 28hz or so (the low note in put on, for example)

NewbieTB

Jul 15, 2011
I probably listen to a few possibly lower but I wouldn't know lol. I'll probably end up tuning somewhere between 32-35hz then. Thanks for the quick response!

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Is this possible with three 10" inch pioneers with the proper port tuning and box? Some songs just don't sound like they should with my current sealed enclosure.
Can I see a link to the woofers?

NewbieTB

Jul 15, 2011

NewbieTB

Jul 15, 2011
So I was talking to the local guy who does boxes here in the Tacoma area and he mentioned to me that these subs only like round ports and require their own chamber and ports. Do some subs actually want this? He isn't charging anything extra for a box like this, it was just something he said about them.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest posts

Latest classifieds