Wanting to get Factory Premium sound.

CJL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
oZone
I drove my sisters Chrysler LHS today and it has the Infinity sound setup. In the front it has a little speaker pod in each A pillar(tweeter + midrange?) and assuming a 6.5" woofer in each door.

When I listened to the system it sounded great to me. Great sub bass,mid bass,highs you name it. Now my question is how does the factory achieve this sound, mainly the great sub bass response with the door speakers?

How would I be able to recreate this sound without running the normal sub/box setup?

Depending on the engineer, some vehicle "premium" sound systems are designed using a pink noise generator and a RTA to determine speaker placement and EQing. With that said, many premium sound systems are not worth the "premium" you pay for them. Bose is a great example of non-premium factory sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Mainly I was referring to the sub stage. It has great bass response without losing cargo space.

you can do better, go to some audo stores -not best buy, & listen to some after market speakers & subs.

you'll probably then think that stock infinty system wasnt worth what your sister paid.

your way better off aftermarket, the speakers are engineered specifically for that application usually and as stated were rta'd. i use to think my brothers 07 escalade sounded great but after finishing my setup, properly deadining the doors, there was no comparison.

most aftermarket stuff is capable of superior sound.....most people however are not capable of installing/setting it up correctly to achieve that sound.

I drove my sisters Chrysler LHS today and it has the Infinity sound setup. In the front it has a little speaker pod in each A pillar(tweeter + midrange?) and assuming a 6.5" woofer in each door.
When I listened to the system it sounded great to me. Great sub bass,mid bass,highs you name it. Now my question is how does the factory achieve this sound, mainly the great sub bass response with the door speakers?

How would I be able to recreate this sound without running the normal sub/box setup?
Not saying that I didn't sound good, but I think that its a different tone to the ears that makes it sound different/better. My sister has a hyndai santa fe and all stock. it sounds clean

My brother drives a 2002 lancer ES.

His stock speakers seem to put out more bass than mine. It might just be my imagination. Im guessing it has to do with the EQ'ing done at the factory or something?

My friend just got his dads 2005 Nissan Armada with premium Bose sound and it sounds pretty good. The speakers are pretty clear, definetly not as nice as my components, but fairly nice considering its factory. What suprised me was the single sub under the drivers seat. Pretty loud, not too accurate....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.