Wanting to change subs

Z71999
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arkansas
Hey guys just got my 2 solobarics put in a coupple weeks ago and im already wanting to broaden my horizons. Im just getting into car audio so im kinda wanting to experiment around with different subs. Right now im running 2 2005 kicker solobaric L5 10's with a hifonics bx1500d to them. This system is pretty much too loud for me. Im wanting something not as loud but with alot better sound quality. I know JL has really good quality subs so im looking at them. Possibly some 2 10w3v2's with a kicker 600.1 or something similar. Ive got a sealed box with .77CuFt on each side (fits in an extended cab truck) Does anyone have any suggestions within this price range that would sound good in this box?

Alright hand it over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well when your first starting out into car audio 2 L5's are going to be very loud to you. *IMO* JL is way to overpriced. give us a price range to work with and we can go from there

well when your first starting out into car audio 2 L5's are going to be very loud to you. *IMO* JL is way to overpriced. give us a price range to work with and we can go from there
just curious, do you have personal experience with a W7?

w3v2's **** SQ wise...end of discussion.

RE SE series

Adire Koda

Ascendant Arsenal

JL w6v2

Image Dynamics IDMax

Just a few in the mid 100's to high 200's low 300's area USD with great SQ, decent SPL, and work in a decnetly diverse number of enclosures.

I have, thought it was a great sub, was quite loud, first impression was "wow, that is some clean bass"

What turns me off with JL is the sticker shock. and with the w7, its way over hyped for what you get. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

never owned one but my neighbor has one currently and im not very impressed at all but in all fairnes its in a very very shitty box. but i have owned W0's and W3's

W7 plust even halfway shitty box out of spec = horribly results. its not a user friendly sub. it likes what it likes and doesnt want to try new things...kinda like my GF...lol

my neighbor has it in a small ported box that is poorly built. so i guess i have never really "heard" a W7. but other JL products ive owned IMO were not worth the money.

^^ most retarded statement i've ever heard. in a small sealed enclsoure, they have great sq and still get somewhat loud
^^ most retarded user on Caraudio.com

Contratulations, you should get some sort of Darwin award.

But in all seriousness, thinking w3v2's can be up to par on w6v2's or w7's or their smaller ocmpany SQ partners is flat out assanine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.