Wanted to improve my Audio Setup for Thar 2021

phantomdrake

CarAudio.com Newbie
Pune
Tried to setup my system and looking for great crystal clarity sound with tight punch where required. The system sounds much better than OEM however i feel is still missing the clarity i was looking for in the sound. The car shop was suggesting a possible solution to go for Audison F8.9 bit DSP/Amp with Audison Voce 3 way speakers in front and Audison 2 way speakers in the rear with the same Sub. Where is my setup going wrong in terms of clarity. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OEM Player for Thar 2021 - Offroader so not possible to change

Music source -
Apple Music Hi-Res over bluetooth to the OEM.

Component Speakers in Front -
Alpine S-S65C S-Series 6.5-inch Component 2-Way Speakers (pair)

Component Speakers on Top -
Alpine S-S65C S-Series 6.5-inch Component 2-Way Speakers (pair)

Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate P300-10 10" 300W Sealed Powered

Amplifier
Interfire 444 (I guess the weakest of all components)

DSP:
None

Noise Damping:
Doors and Read side. Vibromax 2.8mm (10 Sheets)

Car Reference:

Last edited:
Your setup is not too bad overall except the head unit. You obviously aren’t going to beat the block down with that fosgate, but it’s a nice little unit for some extra punch with good sound.

I’m not sure what your OEM head unit is like, but a DSP is a good start to any nice sound quality system.
Oh ok got it. Not able to find the pdf manual for the infotainment that comes installed but here's the video covering the basics.

What would be a good DSP without burning a hole in the pocket.

Your setup is not too bad overall except the head unit. You obviously aren’t going to beat the block down with that fosgate, but it’s a nice little unit for some extra punch with good sound.
yes no goal of beating the block down. It's for the in cabin experience i am looking for.

I’m too lazy to watch the whole video. Lol. Does it have an EQ? Do you have to use high level inputs, or does it have some preamp outputs?
yeah I totally hear you. it does have a 5 band eq and have put it to flat. Using Apple Music hi res audio with Poweramp to control the equaliser.

The Type R components aren’t too bad, especially in a deadened door. I had them in my truck for a couple of years crossed over at 80Hz and using the passive crossovers and they did ok,. I would not expect them to go much lower than 50 HZ and still get loud unless you have them in an enclosed pod, but that’s what the subwoofer is for anyway. I would personally run active crossovers or a DSP if I were you, which would require a 4 channel amp just for the front speakers. Put the rear speakers on head unit power or another 2 channel amp or eliminate them altogether, unless you have rear passengers a lot. Full control over the sound that way.

The Type R components aren’t too bad, especially in a deadened door. I had them in my truck for a couple of years crossed over at 80Hz and using the passive crossovers and they did ok,. I would not expect them to go much lower than 50 HZ and still get loud unless you have them in an enclosed pod, but that’s what the subwoofer is for anyway. I would personally run active crossovers or a DSP if I were you, which would require a 4 channel amp just for the front speakers. Put the rear speakers on head unit power or another 2 channel amp or eliminate them altogether, unless you have rear passengers a lot. Full control over the sound that way.

Hey Thanks a lot @SlugButter, any recommendations for the amps and any best possible configuration fix that you suggest without burning a hole in my pocket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...