Want to upgrade speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now I have two 6 1/2 kicker cs speakers in the front, and two 5 1/4 kicker cs speakers in the back. Being powered off my headunit Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Im going to sell these to my friend and some other things which might free up some money (think around $200) Id like to cut out a hole in my rear doors to fit 6 1/2 all around. Any suggestions? I figure I should look into getting an amp, speakers, and tweeters. What are some good brands to look for?

it won't make a lick of difference going from 5.25 to 6.5 in the rear doors and it is a lot of wasted effort with minimal gains (if any). your current limitations in sound are how your doors are treated (or lack of treatment) and available power (amplifier). properly seal your doors and seal the speakers to the door panel and you will be happier. then give them power. after that, upgrade if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.