Want to tune a sub to 33hz

I understand the box size and port size but how exactly do you TUNE a sub to 33hz. Filters on amps mainly go to 40hz from what I've seen.
What exactly are you referring to? The only two filters you need to worry about on your amps are the LPF(low pass filter) and subsonic filter...I'm confused as to why you're trying to set either one at 33hz.

I understand the box size and port size but how exactly do you TUNE a sub to 33hz. Filters on amps mainly go to 40hz from what I've seen.
you don't tune a sub, you tune a sub box. So you have a box built and tuned to 33hz. your crossover(or what you call a filter) is there to cut the frequencies above where you set if. So when you set your crossover to say 65hz it filters out any frequencies above 65hz so your subwoofer gets 65hz and down. Now i'm getting confused, what are you referring to?

why are sub boxes built for a specific frequency?
They aren't. The difference in tuning simply changes the shape of the response curve, and gives more output closer to the tuning frequency via help from the radiating surface area of the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.