want to know best 5x7

Lmyb's
10+ year member

about to have the money to replace my factory rears thinking about the kappa series 5x7but wondering if any other brand would top them by far. Also my front stage in my car door are the prefect componets. i went all out and got the dynomat and that door reflecktor kit to help with midbass. So i want to know to even get it because some say that sq comp cars don't have the rear speakers, but also can't afford kick panels for about 6 months, and the comp car have them. Thank you all your input does effect my decision. money not too much of a problem. I got about 150 i can spend. but can spend alot more if i need to get better speakers to help the sq.

well, the best sounding coaxials i've ever hear (you guessed it guys) were Diamonds. I have 2 in my doors now pointed at my ceiling, and they beat the **** outta kappas! I know because I replaced 4 kappas with them!

If you still want kappa 5x7s, email me cause I gotta get rid of them. They're in great shape by the way....... crimedog684@yahoo.com

i think i will look into them. i haven't got to hear them. the only ones i have heard were the jl, kappa, mb quart and some other cheap brands and out of them the kappas sounded the best. wish i could go listen to more kinds.

rear fill is a waste if u design your system right and if you want a simple set up that doesnt require alot of custom 4 speakers to look at are cdt braixials, boston pro using the coax bridge, memphis synchs, and image chameleons i have a set of m3 5.25's coaxes n they dont even hold a candle to these speakers i mentioned. use these up front amp them and get a woofer set up..ding ding your all done if you doubt what i am telling you i have about 40 trophies that say otherwise where i beat "stereo shops pride and joys" by 50+ points. one important term to keep in mind is k.i.s.s. if you dont know already i'll tell you what it means.

lol dont get me started on linearity (spell check) i might not know how to spell it but i can talk your ear off about it till you think 5x7's and 6x9's are junk lol ...a speaker cone is like a piston...to get clean sound it must stay linear or straight..being unbalenced due to its oval shape just by pressure alone throws it out of wack so even if its weighted right all the way around..its still not right!!!! why dont they make pistons in engines oval? not talkin just "tops" either

no i speak with alot of things implied like "hey you should already know this" but to my fault im wrong thats why i say "read read read" ehehe oh and if they say they still sound great show me a world class speaker system in a home set up using oval speakers....(some do but they arent popular even enough to get a review and at 2000 a pr i wanna see a review!!!" you wont see an oval infinity speaker in a home set up nor would you see a b and w with an oval....the thing i wanna do is make a static speaker like a martin logan use that see through aluminum for its frame and build me a windshield out of it.....crazy huh? lol

ok i am trying to learn as much about car audioand sq i can. just started reading about superposition and that is going over my head. what is k.i.s.s.? also i am getting the perfect componet set. will this be anoff since i am dynomating my door and using other sound damping stuff. what about my head unit since they are made to play on 4 speakers. will this matter any. also about amps on that componets if i bridge an amp to get the watts i need does that take away for sq or just making the amp and my car work harder.

If it is what I think it is, KISS means

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

Meaning, don't try to add complexity, just mucks up things usually and doesn't add anything advantageous.

ok in my car a i am running factorys till my perfect comp come in. i was testing the fade and ballance and when i fade to front with no rear it seam as though music is lost and the impact is gone will this be fixe whaen the perfect are in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.