Want to add Rear Fill...but no more RCA outs...

Y adapt off your mid outputs into an RCA fader....your rear fill wont need any highs...just mids...go from RCA fader to a small rear fill amp...something like my Harmon Kardon baby amp would be good...I also have some old school Proton SQ amps that would be perfect
there are some older ones that will. im using a jbl gtx47 from the 90s. bought it from him bnib.
So, Dave, do u have anymore of those or anything similar?

Can't fully process it like that. Also not really after extra volume, looking to have a delayed rear signal that allows me to recreate backwall reflections and increase the "room size".
Interesting idea. My Olds Delta 88 does that naturally, since the rear speakers are waaaayy back there lol.

What frequencies do u guys think the rears should be limited to?
About 3kHz from what I've read here. But I've run mine full range and it sounds good to me.

Interesting idea. My Olds Delta 88 does that naturally, since the rear speakers are waaaayy back there lol.
lol, yea, see in my tC, actually the driver side rear speaker is the closest speaker to me of all the speakers in the car...So I'm thinking it'll need some pretty heavy delay.

what i was refering to, was running speakers with high sensitivity, around 100db at 1 watt. rms of around 30-50rms.

these speakers off HU power will keep up with all your others due to you having no more RCA outs.

processor also works.

what i was refering to, was running speakers with high sensitivity, around 100db at 1 watt. rms of around 30-50rms.these speakers off HU power will keep up with all your others due to you having no more RCA outs.

processor also works.
Doesn't work when you run the HU in 3-way, you don't have separate control over "rear" anymore. 6 channel only and rear becomes mid. He needs 8 channels.

What frequencies do u guys think the rears should be limited to?

I believe JBL's Andy Wehmeyer on the MS-8 thread mentioned that for MS-8's implementation of rear fill you need a full range speaker, with a tweeter.

Rear fill should be low passed at 3kHz since you don't want IID messing up the sound stage. Also, rooms naturally attenuate high frequencies anyway.
I was thinking that...speaking of IID,btw, I was messing with my front stage T/A today and was wondering if it is even necessary to delay my tweets since they are crossed at 5khz 24db/octave? (might be crossing higher tomorrow-- still tuning) or should I be more concerned with level matching at those freqs the tweets will be playing?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Ya there are some old processors out there that work good. Check ebay I got an rfq5000 for 150 gives a nice spatial feel. Theres always audio control processors that have TA.
I've been looking around for some. Hopefully I run into a nice O/S piece. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I believe JBL's Andy Wehmeyer on the MS-8 thread mentioned that for MS-8's implementation of rear fill you need a full range speaker, with a tweeter.
I remember reading that. I just wonder if anyone has compared results of the MS 8's processing with full range rear vs 3khz low passed rears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.