wanna see guts of apsm-1500

Lmfao. Another 13 pages about this amp.
Of course if were in here earlier, it would have gone 30 from people getting butt hurt about thier $120 flea market garbage.

Do you guys rememeber when people got made fun of for buying gear off of eBay?
You're obviously uneducated about this whole thing. Why not spend a little more time with you mouth CLOSED and ears OPEN. I love your kind though.. the world needs dumbasses to make fun of. :p

Also other "flea market garbage" don't have demo vehicles or are even suggested when someone wants to do a budget build,never seen a boss amp get 13 pages worth of coverage
Lol. Demo vehicle, huh? I do 55's with Pyles. You wanna run Pyle? If I bought a Boss amp and clamped it doing this power, would you then suggest it? Or Jensen, or whatever? No.

You're obviously uneducated about this whole thing. Why not spend a little more time with you mouth CLOSED and ears OPEN. I love your kind though.. the world needs dumbasses to make fun of. :p
Uneducated about what "whole thing?" The AP mini? Or CA in general? Because you'd be wrong on both fronts, genius. I don't spend my time with closed or open anything other than my mind and my workshop, TermLab, clamp meters and O-Scope. I buy, test, run and beat the snot out of more gear than 99% of people. I'm not a teenager living on minimum wage. Which, of course there is nothing wrong with.

Why don't you sell your Atomic, buy two of these and pocket the rest if you believe in these amps so much? Or buy (4) of them with that money and double your power? No, seriously... tell me why you don't.

Lol. Demo vehicle, huh? I do 55's with Pyles. You wanna run Pyle? If I bought a Boss amp and clamped it doing this power, would you then suggest it? Or Jensen, or whatever? No.

Uneducated about what "whole thing?" The AP mini? Or CA in general? Because you'd be wrong on both fronts, genius. I don't spend my time with closed or open anything other than my mind and my workshop, TermLab, clamp meters and O-Scope. I buy, test, run and beat the snot out of more gear than 99% of people. I'm not a teenager living on minimum wage. Which, of course there is nothing wrong with.

Why don't you sell your Atomic, buy two of these and pocket the rest if you believe in these amps so much? Or buy (4) of them with that money and double your power? No, seriously... tell me why you don't.
Your missing the whole point nobody in there right mind will say these amps are better then sundown aq or any of the top brands,we like ap cause there solid budget amps would I rather have 3 saz 1500s of course but for the price of 3 sundowns I could get 9 mini 1500s it's all in how you look at it

Your missing the whole point nobody in there right mind will say these amps are better then sundown aq or any of the top brands,we like ap cause there solid budget amps would I rather have 3 saz 1500s of course but for the price of 3 sundowns I could get 9 mini 1500s it's all in how you look at it
I'm not missing the point, man. 99% of you guys are. The conclusion everyone is jumping to is, "Why should I pay $500 for a Sundown 1500 when this amp is just as good for $125!? People are suckers with overpriced amps!"

I'm not hating on ANYONE for not having funds to get Sundown, DD, DC blah, blah. And I'm not even hating on people for RUNNING AP. I'm hating on people who should know better and jumping on the bandwagon.

But whatever. People hear/read what they want to. And people are only hearing/reading that this amp does rated from two guys (with good to great electrical) who just got the thing out of the plastic.

I honestly hope these amps last and they work out for anyone who can't drop the coin on something more proven, but it annoys me that people talk about them as legit gear on a CAR AUDIO FORUM full of people who know quality.

AP actually stepped their game up with the new APK's. Korean, very familiar buildhouse and board and very competitive pricing, but because they aren't $100, people are like... "meh."

Long live the apsm.

You made a vaild point. they do rated with good electrical.. Ok. So how much electrial do they need to hang with a good amp for the long run? I bet its cheaper to just get a better amp and not need as much electrical support to maintain power in the long run/ People push them because they are cheap, they dont look at the added cost to keep them making power.

My Atomic is gone. I plan on running 2 AP Minis strapped @ 1 ohm. The plan after that is to add 2 more & run all 4 @ 1 ohm. Your words, eat them.

All I'm saying is no reason to talk trash especially since you've got all the essentials to clamp and test. You seem to be getting quite bent out of shape over it.

My Atomic is gone. I plan on running 2 AP Minis strapped @ 1 ohm. The plan after that is to add 2 more & run all 4 @ 1 ohm. Your words, eat them.
All I'm saying is no reason to talk trash especially since you've got all the essentials to clamp and test. You seem to be getting quite bent out of shape over it.
I'll eat mine when you eat yours when they go up in smoke. You promise to come in and report when that happens and I'll promise to tell you all about the mini that I had that didn't even make it a week on very good electrical at 1 ohm.

I only get bent out of shape at all of the suggesting of AP when there is better to be had for the money. Used, of course. $125 is pretty **** tough to beat, but I've done it on multiple occassions for amps that will murder this thing. AudioSavings has a dal of the day sometimes for a Cadence 1200 that will run circles around it. I don't see that being suggested. Or the new momentum series for like $20 more. And they're a vendor on here! Cadence, that is.

It's just hypocritical. You guys full on flame people for skimping on electrical, but will jump at the chance to suggest this thing.

"I'm on a budget. "What batts should I get?"

"***, loser n00b. get XS power or gtfo. you gots to pay to play."

"I only have 4 dollars to spend. What amp should I get."

"AudioPipe mini!! Is the bees knees!"

It all boils down to my personal preference of not skimping on what I consider the heart and soul of my system. My sub amp. I'm not a brand *****, but I am a sub amp snob. I don't like seeing people skimp either and I suggest the highest quality gear I can for whatever people are willing to spend.

To those who have been around for awhile, back in the mid 90s there was a thread over at sounddomain.com (when it existed) similar to this that discussed the JBL BP-1200.1. Full of haters that disregarded the scientific tests proving it could do clean power.

Back then amps costed $1 a watt. The JBL BP-1200 was the first amp to break that price in half. You could get one for under $450.

At the end of the day, prices of competing amps fell which is why your Sundown, DC, AQ gear is less than $0.33 cent a watt. Yet folks still complain about the high prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To those who have been around for awhile, back in the mid 90s there was a thread over at sounddomain.com (when it existed) similar to this that discussed the JBL BP-1200.1. Full of haters that disregarded the scientific tests proving it could do clean power.
Back then amps costed $1 a watt. The JBL BP-1200 was the first amp to break that price in half. You could get one for under $450.

At the end of the day, prices of competing amps fell which is why your Sundown, DC, AQ gear is less than $0.33 cent a watt. Yet folks still complain about the high prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You're not honestly comparing the quality of this thing to the old school JBL's, are you? I see where you're going, but it's apples and oranges.

I'm not missing the point, man. 99% of you guys are. The conclusion everyone is jumping to is, "Why should I pay $500 for a Sundown 1500 when this amp is just as good for $125!? People are suckers with overpriced amps!"
I'm not hating on ANYONE for not having funds to get Sundown, DD, DC blah, blah. And I'm not even hating on people for RUNNING AP. I'm hating on people who should know better and jumping on the bandwagon.

But whatever. People hear/read what they want to. And people are only hearing/reading that this amp does rated from two guys (with good to great electrical) who just got the thing out of the plastic.

I honestly hope these amps last and they work out for anyone who can't drop the coin on something more proven, but it annoys me that people talk about them as legit gear on a CAR AUDIO FORUM full of people who know quality.

AP actually stepped their game up with the new APK's. Korean, very familiar buildhouse and board and very competitive pricing, but because they aren't $100, people are like... "meh."

Long live the apsm.
This is a great budget amp and a beginner's dream. I probably wouldn't get it because of my car audio experience. I've been able to hear the difference in sq of many amps. I've owned 2 Audiopipe ap30001d's and you could easily tell my Mtx, Kicker, and Rockford Power amps sounded better. The apsm-1500 is selling like hot cakes, but I rather spend more on quality and get a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D if I needed something that small. I run Hifonics Brz right now and I've had better sounding amps to the ear. There is no way this amp is just as good as Sundown. Take the apsm-1500 to competition and see how well it fairs against a Sundown 1500. I already know what the APSM sounds like, but still like too know how it holds up? I also had a 4 channel Audiopipe amp that ran hot because the fan in it never came on. I've had other 4 channel amps with no fan and they never ran hot. I don't see what's so hard to understand about people not liking this brand. I've had bad luck with Audiopipe just like most people.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

You're not honestly comparing the quality of this thing to the old school JBL's, are you? I see where you're going, but it's apples and oranges.
actually caviar and cat food
Do you guys both have scientific proof these amps won't maintain a flat freq response at their tested non-clipping max power output? If so please direct me to the graphs.

Or are you just speculating like n00bs/trolls?

Do you guys both have scientific proof these amps won't maintain a flat freq response at their tested non-clipping max power output? If so please direct me to the graphs.
oh we're major noobs. dont worry about me and taylor. just us trollin and stuff

oh we're major noobs. dont worry about me and taylor. just us trollin and stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.