Wang In Da Grand Marquis..

nope, the bd500 will put out 500 at 2 ohms. 4 he's=800 rms watts. a 1000.1 would give u enough watts at 2 ohms with power to spare. or 2 jl 500/1's (1 amp for a pair of woofers). with the jl 500/1 you can wire them up anyway u want and get 500 watts out of that amp.

grand marquis are the pimp ****. To all those mother ****ers out there who aren't up on their ****, a Grand Marquis is the smoothest, most powerful, most confortable ride out there (in my opinion of course)..

I'd of course take an old school Caddy or impala over the marquis, but I paid 5 g's for a 1994, and it mobs like it would off the showroom floor! Best buy ever!

I guess cause this is caraudio.com i better talk about my system.

Budget:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1600watt LEGEACY w/ remote bass boost.

Sony xplod deck w/ mp3 decoder

4awg wiring kit

stock 4x6's and 6x9's

sealex box w/ 2 RF he2's in the mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Used to have 2 12" MB 225 watt MB QUARTS in sealed QLOGIC box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to have big beats then a bd1000 won't cut it for four 15's, try getting maby two bd1000's and alot of componets, because i have 2 15inch kicker XPL's and two 1100 directed audio amps, and one directed 600, MB quart mids-tweets, with a crossover, 2caps, yellow top battery, high output alternator, boosted up remote wire, {so you dont fry it} 2 guage wire, and a **** load of dynomat. This **** is so loud I seriously wear earplugs. Now you have four 15's. My opinion is thats to much unless you are going to car comps, and you would have to get alot of componets to power this sufficintly and alot of money, and beleave me alittle 1000 watt amp isent going to do it unless you want a getto ass system and wreak alot of things in the mean time. Seriously I think you got 4 15's to look cool because obiously you dont have enough power for them, but if you dont beliveme try it and that bd1000 will go into protect mode or be melted to the car, and the subs will blow from underpower.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

THE BEST THING YOU COULD DO IS ASK THE PROS AT ROCKFORD FOSGATE.COM SINCE YOU ARE USING THEIR PRODUCTS. THEY HAVE HELPED ME PUT TOGETHER MY SYSTEM SO FAR. WILL NOT POST SYSTEM YET NOT FINISHED.

Dood, the bd500.1 is a badass amp, BUT and i emphasize the BUT it will not even come close to pushing those big @ss subs.

I am looking ath teh bd500.1 to push my 1 12" RF Punch Power DVC sub. The highest birthsheet I have ever seen on that amp is like 80-0 some odd RMS which is huuuuge fora n amp rated at 500, but nowhere near what you'll need to push those.

Anyways, 4 15's is somewhat of a stupid plan, unless going into dB drags or SPL competitions. My freind has 2 weak Orion Subs hooked up to 1 kenwood 1000 W amp, and i can hardly stand the sounds, way too loud, and none too clean.

JMO!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wjwhite7416@aol

wjwhite7416@aol
memphis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Wonderbread