Waiting on Xcons, but thinking HDC4s

CaddieJapan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
My Xcon order is over 30 days now and still hasn't shipped. Just hate waiting this long when wait times say 15-21 days. Anyway not to beat that horse to death, I'm now thinking Audioque HDC4s. How would these perform with music compared to my Xcons? I know they are supposedly a comp type woofer just curious to know if they do well with music. They would go in the same custom enclosure I had built from Starr Mtn.

Edit: Power wise I will run each sub off a Crescendo BC2000D.

Thanks

The XCONs will most likely sound much better. I would take an XCON over the AQ for sure.
After reading more on the AQ and spider issues, I may even look into other options. Or sit quietly and wait for what I really wanted to begin with :Xcons.

After reading more on the AQ and spider issues, I may even look into other options. Or sit quietly and wait for what I really wanted to begin with :Xcons.
They are worth the wait //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

OP I highly doubt the HDC4 would work in the box for your xcons. HDC's like larger enclosures, more port area, and a little higher tuning then most other subs.

I run an HDC4 18 daily and it sounds very good on real music as I don't listen to rap ****. I've also burped it with 2 3500's @ .25ohm each. There are no spider issues, there is USER error...

Since you already have an enclosure for the xcons I'd wait it out.

OP I highly doubt the HDC4 would work in the box for your xcons. HDC's like larger enclosures, more port area, and a little higher tuning then most other subs.
I run an HDC4 18 daily and it sounds very good on real music as I don't listen to rap ****. I've also burped it with 2 3500's @ .25ohm each. There are no spider issues, there is USER error...

Since you already have an enclosure for the xcons I'd wait it out.
Thanks bro. I was wondering if that enclosure would actually work for those just in case. I'm going to wait it out, I'm sure I will be happy. Just taking a minute to get these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CaddieJapan

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
CaddieJapan
Japan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date