Possibly getting 3 SA 8" v2's Electrical question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Karas
10+ year member

CTP, MI
I have someone on craigslist near my area selling 3 sundown SA 8" v2s in a ported box tuned 'around' 36hz (Says he never measured to find out) But they also come with the SPL Coils all for 480$ But my main problem is getting an amp to power all 3, and electrical to keep up with it. Just going to end it here and see what you guys think if you want more info about anything please ask.

I say buy them from a reputable seller on here so you know you are getting "spl" coils. and a box from here or build your own that you know what it is actually tuned too and not taking some random from craigslist word for it. $480 is a lot to spend when you dont know what youre getting.

He's taken pictures of everything, but I myself am not experienced enough to determine if the coils are what he claims but either way i dont mind if they honestly are aftermarket coils or not. but regardless of what i'm looking at on craigslist like you said i can get it from a dealer on here. so what amp would you recommend and any electrical upgrades? I want 3 8" sa v2's in the end!

If you buy dual 2 ohms you can run a 3k-4k amp that would end up running around 2 ohm after rise. The Ampere Audio amp I use will do 2300+ at 2 ohm and would be easy on the electrical. You would prob need a extra battery or two and good 1/0 wire.

If you buy dual 2 ohms you can run a 3k-4k amp that would end up running around 2 ohm after rise. The Ampere Audio amp I use will do 2300+ at 2 ohm and would be easy on the electrical. You would prob need a extra battery or two and good 1/0 wire.
He just lowered the price to 444$ by the way, and he never specified if they ere the 2 or 4ohm version but he said the reason he's selling it is his amp running them below 1ohm is causing electrical problems and he can't afford to upgrade and he has 'bills' to pay so i'm assuming they are the 2ohm. But the problem is, i want an amp that can run them all atleast a good 400-600watts over rms. I won't do that until i see that they are broken in properly and I wouldn't do it often but I want that option ya know. But it sounds like the ampere audio could do me well and could I add a different amp later on? And whats your estimate on the price for new batteries and wire?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.