w6s cutting out at 2 ohms

how should i hook em up cuz i gut em hooked up like this thats how i was told by best buy but they dont know **** i just did it cuz i figered theyd kno
id have to say the best buy guy knew more than you. youre running around trying to argue with us about it being 2ohms. im sure best buy knew it would be 1ohm final load but with the way you talk/act im sure they just told you that since your JL w6 just kills everything they sell right? youre amp isnt 1ohm stable this is your problem. the subs arent cutting out newb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif buy a 1ohm stable amp or be a smart guy and quit buying that million dollar JL audio crap??? i mean its not bad stuff but like 99% of the people on this site are louder than you every day of the week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have a great day

hey guys im new here and i have a problem. i have 2 12w6s and there wired at 2ohms and there in a ported box with an alpine 800watt rms amp and they cut out at higher volumes and the gain isnt that high and all the other settings should be set right but at 8ohms they can be cranked but they bottom out bcuz they arent able to handle as much pwr at 8ohms what could the problem be i have no charging sys upgrades and 8 ga pwr wire and 9ga wire any feedback would be great
this is the amp clipping

upgrade to 4gauge attleast big guy

i know its decreased at higher ohms thats what i said and the subs cant handle the pwr the amp pushes and its not goin into protect mode. so i thought about bigger wire but it would go into protect mode if it werent gettin enough pwr
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused::confused:the power is decreased but yet they cant handle the power the amp does? your subs will take that amp 100% if you actually had any idea what youre really doing....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused::confused:the power is decreased but yet they cant handle the power the amp does? your subs will take that amp 100% if you actually had any idea what youre really doing....
just do this.
maybe hed know what he was doing if he got reliable advice instead of all the smart ass comments everyone likes to give to newbs.

people on here seem to forget the day they thought sony xplod was great and that distortion just meant your subs couldnt handle your amp! we all gotta start somewhere.

maybe hed know what he was doing if he got reliable advice instead of all the smart ass comments everyone likes to give to newbs.
people on here seem to forget the day they thought sony xplod was great and that distortion just meant your subs couldnt handle your amp! we all gotta start somewhere.
i 100% agree with you but i wouldnt come to this site for help then try to argue. id ask a question then when given a answer i didnt think was correct id ask why. he did neither. until then he gets trolled on. he already pulled a black guy move using 8 gauge wire to save cash to buy his JL's

my amps an alpine mrp m1000 idk what ohms its stable at wahats the best way to wire it i have little exp thats why im askin u guys
well your amp does max power at 2ohms but your subs only wire to 1 or 4ohms. so id suggest selling your amp and buying a amp thats 1ohm stable or maybe trading with one of your friends. also you MUST buy attleast a 4gauge amp kit and switch it out with that 8gauge. if you wire the subs to 4ohms your amp will only give them half of its power...so until you get a new amp you arent using your amp to its full potential

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.