VVME audiopipe clones cheap!

They claim to have a "Tech" who will test it once they get it back. I'm really curious to hear what they say. Your probably right about the hit or miss type of products, they claim however to only send "tested" products? I really doubt thast is even possible with all the junk they are selling. I have to say that I checked their feedback on these amps and didn't find even 1 bad comment that was directed toward this amp not working as expected, very surprised, I really was expecting to see a long list of complaints. But, there was only about 6 total feedbacks on them and the ad says over 80 were sold at that time, meaning there could be a pile of people going through the same thing I am. Of course I'm not going to leave any comments till it's all said and done, that means that most comments will be added about a month from when they bought it it they are doing a return or replacement. Since there is such a lack of replies, it's a good chance that I'm not the only one who is unhappy but has to wait it out before I reply. One more thing they did offer me a $10 refund if I wanted to just keep it, that would have set the price at $73 total for an amp that I could barely hear. At least they tried to settle it in some way, most wouldn't even bother replying, and they do reply very quickly, so, I don't feel like they are intentionally trying to screw me, even if they are. Besides that eBay will protect buyers from getting burned, that's the great thing about buying from eBay. You won't find that on other web auction sites.

If it bangs and sounds good who cares? Some of us don't like to waste a ton of money on car audio. I for one spent way to much money in my younger days buying good name brand sht. The older I got the less I cared about name brands and am perfectly happy with my budget "crap". Now that doesn'tgo for everything, but "good" budget equipment can sound just as good in the right hands.
Sounds like we have been down the same road and came to the same conclusion, 35 years of dealing with 12volt systems makes you think differently about what your buying.

The 12s went up. I got them for 120/pr off their site. Ebay is 130 each and their site is 160 each now. I'm sure the amps will go up in price too
I saw the amp I got for $83 is now $135! Must be trying to make their shipping costs back from all the returns.

I saw the amp I got for $83 is now $135! Must be trying to make their shipping costs back from all the returns.
I emailed them and they said they would sell me another for the 99.99. Not sure if I want to now. I planned on strapping a pair of them to my 12 I'm about to send into @splaudio

I emailed them and they said they would sell me another for the 99.99. Not sure if I want to now. I planned on strapping a pair of them to my 12 I'm about to send into @splaudio
A decent amount of people were buying them so he's now trying to capitalize on it. At current prices i'd probably just buy an Ap.

I asked them for the theil small specs on there rd subs and they have NO idea what the F i was talking about!! Lol.
someone did on caco

Fs = 43.12

Re = 7.60 ohms[dc]

Le = 6286.18 uH

L2 = 6640.93 uH

R2 = 5.23 ohms

Qt = 0.56

Qes = 0.64

Qms = 4.24

Mms = 183.58 grams

Rms = 11.768633 kg/s

Cms = 0.000074 m/N

Vas = 19.19 l

sd = 430 cm^2

Bl = 24.25 Tm

ETA = 0.23%

Lp (2.83V/1m) = 85.97 db

Pulled them myself, mass-added method, coils in series.

my 1800w amps should be here wed for $89 ea

someone did on caco
Fs = 43.12

Re = 7.60 ohms[dc]

Le = 6286.18 uH

L2 = 6640.93 uH

R2 = 5.23 ohms

Qt = 0.56

Qes = 0.64

Qms = 4.24

Mms = 183.58 grams

Rms = 11.768633 kg/s

Cms = 0.000074 m/N

Vas = 19.19 l

sd = 430 cm^2

Bl = 24.25 Tm

ETA = 0.23%

Lp (2.83V/1m) = 85.97 db

Pulled them myself, mass-added method, coils in series.

my 1800w amps should be here wed for $89 ea

Pretty high Fs....

I did one last test run on the QA-D1500 Amp, by using a different head unit and a single sub in a box. Set up the system in my garage with a brand new Bosh 850 CCA Battery. I wanted to be able to see all settings easily and look at the sub movement. I was hoping that it was just incompatible with my mounted HU, the results were the same, the sub moves quite a bit but hardly any sound. Sounds like it's only reproducing tones below 20Hz, ran the RCA out from a full frequency output, tried adjusting all pots with minimal of change. Then I hooked up 1 of my old VR3 amps as a control to compare with and once again night and day, so much more sound I could not turn it up since it was after 11pm when I did this, had no problem cranking up the VVME without worries of complaints.

My conclusion is that the amps are not designed correctly or there may be a problem with the crossover on this amp. I have a scope but not exactly sure how to test for frequency to find the roll-off of the output. My Fluke also can test for Hz but it needs pure tones to work.

If I used a test CD that has a tone generator I think I can use either the scope or fluke easily to find out, I don't have a tone generator nor do I have a disk with this type of recording.

I'll be sending it back tomorrow.

I would not run AP but I would run the VVME amps. I just don't like the look of the AP amps. That's all. The VVME's have a nice sleek look to them. Simplistic design with a logo in the middle.

If I can get someone to give me a decent amount for my 1500d on CL than I will buy one and try it out. other wise I'll just stick with an amp I know is a solid performer

loving my RD-12 though. Plan to build a 2.5 28hz box for it soon

The monoblock in that series is actually a sleeper of a good amp, carries three 25a fuses and makes the power. Most will let their brand prejudice stand in the way of a good deal, though.
I like to go by the ratings, actual output and efficiency. If that xplod is decent, I wouldn't mind rocking it. But it still has the XPLOD badge.

someone should make alternative cases for amps like these so that they can run a good piece of gear without the shame of running audiopipe or xplod. cause most of XPLOD IS garbage... I personally hate xplod but I love most of the older sony stuff (XM, ES)

In conclusion the seller was very easy to deal with, very fast replies on what was happening with the sale, did a return and tested the amp saying it was defective after all. So I cannot say if the amps are worth it or not since mine was not working I can only say if you have an extra $20 lying around to possible throw away on return postage then take the chance and see if you can get a working model. I personally think they are designed wrong, or copied incorrectly to be more exact. The seller was very easy to deal with and refunded my money quickly, so no worries there.

hi I did not read this entire post so sorry if this was already mentioned. This is a white van speaker scam amp. DO NOT BUY under any circumstances. He is also selling white van projectors home crap the works. The home sound systems they actually glue mason blocks and sands bags inside the speakers to make them heavier!!!!!!! Absolute garbage! had someone pull up trying to sell the exact same crap from a truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThatChevyGuy

5,000+ posts
sue me, its a ford.
ThatChevyGuy
Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date