Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Clarion DXZ835MP

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Alpine CDA-9827

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
i'm sure he meant MP3's cuz the old 5-series and 8-series didn't play MP3's and now they do so yea..but i voted for other because of eclipse. the 5 or 8 series is absolutely awesome i've had experience with both. i would strongly suggest you look into eclipse.

i'm sure he meant MP3's cuz the old 5-series and 8-series didn't play MP3's and now they do so yea..but i voted for other because of eclipse. the 5 or 8 series is absolutely awesome i've had experience with both. i would strongly suggest you look into eclipse.
Yeah, I meant MP3's. Wow, I feel like a moron. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif Anyways, the Eclipse CD5444 retails at $439.99 (I just checked yesterday) but is currently on back order. There are going to be some special promotions for it though, so when all is said and done I would imagine it will only be $350.00 tops.

well if you HAVE to have a HU that plays MP3's just go for the old 3-series. but if not, i'm almost certain you could find an old 5-series within your budget and these are extremely nice. but make sure you get the last year's models because this year's are just way expensive and the only advantage to them is the capability to play MP3's. if i were you i would definitely call eclipse and find your nearest dealer and go check some out. their phone number can be had at http://www.eclipse-web.com. good luck.

Pioneer all the way, better sq than the alpine and looks sweet. Eclipse are ugly and expensive, good sq tho. Pioneer is the best of all listed in all categories not shure on price but well worth the money. You already have pioneer so why buy from another company.

Pioneer all the way, better sq than the alpine and looks sweet. Eclipse are ugly and expensive, good sq tho. Pioneer is the best of all listed in all categories not shure on price but well worth the money. You already have pioneer so why buy from another company.
Eclipse, expensive? I don't think so. They have decks starting at $179(mp3 starting at $199). I think Pioneer makes a good deck, but I think this guy should

take a good look at Eclipse decks. They are very nice. You think they are ugly, and that is fine. Looks are all personal taste anyway.

I've never really looked at Eclipses, what are the prices like on those? I did a quick search and can't find anything.
From a thread I put on Sound domain a few months ago:

3404 $179(no mp3), 2 sets/rcas, no motorized face

3414 $199(mp3) 2 sets of rcas/no motorized face

3424 $249(mp3) 2(maybe 3) sets of rcas/cd changer control, and remote

3434 $299(mp3), 3 sets of rcas, motorized face

5444 not sure on price(3 sets of rcas, mp3) $449

8053 Still a "new model" for 04...$549

8454 $599 (8 volt, mp3, deck power, NOT BALANCED)

The 3403 and 8053 do not play mp3s(well, the 8053 will play them if you buy the separate eclipse commander advance piece). Other than those 2, all others read mp3 discs.

You can call 800-55-eclipse, and you will be automatically connected to your nearest dealer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...