vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
i think that he put you into a situation of whether you tell me you will send it or you arent getting your money back.. Anybody in that situation would have said fine I will, just send me my money. I suggest you do the same to him that he did to you. Send me the money to ship this back or its not gettin shipped.. If you want to split it with him than that is up to you but dont pay to ship tht bish back on your own!

i was under the impression paypal would tell you to go fuck yourself if you paid for something, and signed for it upon delivery.
i definitely did not like agreeing to something i wasnt sure at the time if i would actually do, but he basically put me in a situation to agree to that, or eat a 300 dollar loss. since he had all the power at the point, and it was a good sized chunk of change, i was more agreeable to unreasonable terms than i normally would be.
No. You can always claim the item was not as described. Additionally if you payed for something with a credit card (or perhaps even a debit card endorsed by visa, etc) you can pursue a charge back.

it was a unique payment, not a refund.
thats not a bad idea about the walmart battery, if jumping is indeed the only thing he has in mind for this battery. i will see what he thinks about that.
If you can get him to refund the original payment, and you refund the payment he sent you, the fees should all go away ass well. That'd save you both moneys.

You can always file a claim with paypal. I would actually try to see if you can speak to a representative rather than email. State how you have proof and can submit that proof to them.

I don't quite understand the unique payment. if you paid with paypal, how come he didn't just click the refund option?

i was under the impression paypal would tell you to go fuck yourself if you paid for something, and signed for it upon delivery.
i definitely did not like agreeing to something i wasnt sure at the time if i would actually do, but he basically put me in a situation to agree to that, or eat a 300 dollar loss. since he had all the power at the point, and it was a good sized chunk of change, i was more agreeable to unreasonable terms than i normally would be.
Capitalize your I's man, a single letter I as in describing myself is always capitalized lol.

IMHO, don't let him push you into a position where you have to submit to his wants. Take charge, file a claim with PayPal and go from there. There is no reason why you should get screwed out over something like this.

It's disappointing when people purposely hide certain details just to make a few extra bucks. You can be sure that his rep went down the drain and anyone who sees this thread will be hesitant to purchase from the seller.

You can always file a claim with paypal. I would actually try to see if you can speak to a representative rather than email. State how you have proof and can submit that proof to them.
I don't quite understand the unique payment. if you paid with paypal, how come he didn't just click the refund option?
This.

i'm conflicted, and at the moment i have both my money and the battery, so i'm going to leave what i do up to the greater wisdom of the forum. vote for how this should be handled.
You got him to agree to sending your money first by playing the reputation card. If you go back on your word now then every bit of goodwill that you have built up over the years will be gone IMO. And for what, $37.50 or $75?

You may have made a bad deal, but you made a deal nontheless.

If he wants to keep the money now, then ship it back. U will have to return/refund the "unique money" back and then do the claim. But i will tell u this. It can take up to 4 weeks(i believe) b4 they come up with the decision and U WILL STILL END UP PAYING FULL SHIPpING. however u will save on ur PP fees. The refund will come back to u once u give PP the tracking number and the other party recieves the package.

Either way U PAY FOR SHIPPING

I guess it all depends on what your word is worth to you. Sounds like for more than a few so far on this thread the 80 bucks is worth more than their word.

Sure you were in the right. You got bad goods.

And why ship a bad battery around back and forth. He's being a jerk. If I was him I'd say sorry about that I thought it was good. Just scrap it and keep the money for your time. But thats me. /shrug.

IMHO, don't let him push you into a position where you have to submit to his wants. Take charge, file a claim with PayPal and go from there. There is no reason why you should get screwed out over something like this.
It's disappointing when people purposely hide certain details just to make a few extra bucks. You can be sure that his rep went down the drain and anyone who sees this thread will be hesitant to purchase from the seller.
knowing what i know now, i would have done that after he refused to split shipping with me. i thought that i'd read multiple times that paypal will not honor any claims unless something was not delivered.

I guess it all depends on what your word is worth to you. Sounds like for more than a few so far on this thread the 80 bucks is worth more than their word.
Sure you were in the right. You got bad goods.

And why ship a bad battery around back and forth. He's being a jerk. If I was him I'd say sorry about that I thought it was good. Just scrap it and keep the money for your time. But thats me. /shrug.

Times are tough man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

knowing what i know now, i would have done that after he refused to split shipping with me. i thought that i'd read multiple times that paypal will not honor any claims unless something was not delivered.
I know I have read that. Isn't that the reason behind the old box of **** trick?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies