vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
or file a dispute w/ paypal, and get ur money back, and keep the batt. another thought...

dude he tried to screw you buy saying you have to pay shipping back to him. you played his game and won. tell him if he wants the battery to give you the money to ship it. if not then do what you want with it. thats crazy you had to buy the item then spend gas thats 1.95 a gallon to drive around all day just to see that he lied about the battery and its no good. who cares what he says. if your never going to buy from him again then do what u want. IF IT WAS ME ID TELL HIM TO SEND ME THE MONEY OR HE MUST NOT WANT IT BACK

or file a dispute w/ paypal, and get ur money back, and keep the batt. another thought...
he already has his money.. he is trying to decide whether or not to pay return shipping/half shipping or none and make the orig owner pay it back..

so you lose 100 bucks for his undisclosed issue until it was brought up.. thats not how it works.. you didn't kill it thats obvious..
thats basically my thoughts on the matter. i thought i was being more than fair offering to pay half the shipping back to him. i never even hooked it up, i threw my multimeter on it as soon as i opened the package, it showed 11.95, and i took it for testing the next day.

i have both the money and the battery.

again people... i do not believe this was intentional on his part. if it was, why would he have refunded my money at all with so low of a post count? he didnt really have anything to lose by just keeping my money. which was the main reason i agreed to do something in order to get my money back, that i would never have agreed to if this was a long time, reputable member.

it was bad selling habits on his part to have sold a battery he was not 100% sure of the condition of, and i do believe he misrepresented the use of it, but once i proved it was bad, he did try and make things right with me.

no, i paid 300 shipped. the return shipping will be roughly 75 bucks, plus 10 from the paypal fees out of the 300 he returned to me.
Did he send you $300 or REFUND the 300 you sent? I was pretty sure the fees got REFUNDED when doing a refund. But if he just sent you 300 it would be feed....???

Anyway, Maybe you could work out something cheaper/better for both of you. Can't you get a new battery for about 45 bucks at walmart? You could send him 45$ to buy a new batt, sell the bad one for 30$ish and then you'd be out way less moneys!!! And he would have a new batt for jumping and wouldn't be able to scam anyone with the bad one, NOT IMPLYING THAT IS THE PLAN, just stating that as a positive thing.

again people... i do not believe this was intentional on his part. if it was, why would he have refunded my money at all with so low of a post count? he didnt really have anything to lose by just keeping my money. which was the main reason i agreed to do something in order to get my money back, that i would never have agreed to if this was a long time, reputable member.

it was bad selling habits on his part to have sold a battery he was not 100% sure of the condition of, and i do believe he misrepresented the use of it, but once i proved it was bad, he did try and make things right with me.
In that case I would try to make some kind of deal to get it back to him

One point to remember, is that you agreed to eat the shipping to get your initial payment back. So regardless of this that and the other you're subject to your own agreement.

As far as the battery goes? I feel he should've ate the shipping or payed half knowing the facts. I like you, but i dont give a **** about your knees or the trips you made. The numbers are what are of consequence. Doesn't matter if you had to travel from A to Z 12 times to get to that conclusion.

I've been in this situation and all I gotta say is two things.

1. Should have filed a claim with paypal stating it did not work since you both couldn't settle on a negotiation (splitting shipping).

2. You owe the full amount because that is what you said, otherwise, you are in breach of contract. A contract can be written or verbal. Written is always better and if he has the PM's saved (doesn't need to now as you have stated in your original post), he has the upper hand.

Someone on this forum still owes me $40, even though it's actually 60, but I told them just give me 40. I went through a huge dispute with the individual and them claiming something I sent them stopped working. Regardless of it working when he received it and it suddenly stopped working after putting to use several times, we still had an agreement that he would pay the remainder of the money he owed me. You can't just back out on a deal, or contract. You can, but that's a breach and is poor business.

It ***** what happened, but business is business. I think it should have been handled differently so you didn't have to change the terms of your agreements.

Did he send you $300 or REFUND the 300 you sent? I was pretty sure the fees got REFUNDED when doing a refund. But if he just sent you 300 it would be feed....???
Anyway, Maybe you could work out something cheaper/better for both of you. Can't you get a new battery for about 45 bucks at walmart? You could send him 45$ to buy a new batt, sell the bad one for 30$ish and then you'd be out way less moneys!!! And he would have a new batt for jumping and wouldn't be able to scam anyone with the bad one, NOT IMPLYING THAT IS THE PLAN, just stating that as a positive thing.
it was a unique payment, not a refund.

thats not a bad idea about the walmart battery, if jumping is indeed the only thing he has in mind for this battery. i will see what he thinks about that.

it was a unique payment, not a refund.
thats not a bad idea about the walmart battery, if jumping is indeed the only thing he has in mind for this battery. i will see what he thinks about that.
if he says no id have to say he knew he was screwing you

1. Should have filed a claim with paypal stating it did not work since you both couldn't settle on a negotiation (splitting shipping).

2. You owe the full amount because that is what you said, otherwise, you are in breach of contract. A contract can be written or verbal. Written is always better and if he has the PM's saved (doesn't need to now as you have stated in your original post), he has the upper hand.

It ***** what happened, but business is business. I think it should have been handled differently so you didn't have to change the terms of your agreements.
i was under the impression paypal would tell you to go fuck yourself if you paid for something, and signed for it upon delivery.

i definitely did not like agreeing to something i wasnt sure at the time if i would actually do, but he basically put me in a situation to agree to that, or eat a 300 dollar loss. since he had all the power at the point, and it was a good sized chunk of change, i was more agreeable to unreasonable terms than i normally would be.

No its not brand new...I have used it...It will preform like its brand new.
tell him you are using the money to go buy what he was supposed to have sold you. and that you will dispose of the junk battery for him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies