Volume Offset Not Working from Tuner?

I have the Kenwood, and it's perfectly fine to not be able to adjust the Tuner's offset volume. It's actually not a good idea to adjust the others to a higher volume. You should probably just buy an external amp(or get a bigger external amp) if the volume is not high enough for your liking. Hope this helps!

I have the Kenwood, and it's perfectly fine to not be able to adjust the Tuner's offset volume. It's actually not a good idea to adjust the others to a higher volume. You should probably just buy an external amp(or get a bigger external amp) if the volume is not high enough for your liking. Hope this helps!
Why not? I have the kdc-x695 and if I don't turn my volume offset up +2 to +5 it is WEAK SAUCE!

I have a pioneer 3300bt. The aux is weak as hell when XM is plugged in. The USB Ipod is similar to the tuner and cd. I think it has to do with my XM reciever;it is quiet no matter what vehicle its in.

Why not? I have the kdc-x695 and if I don't turn my volume offset up +2 to +5 it is WEAK SAUCE!
I know, it's a sad fact about not having enough power with Kenwoods(like 17 watts rms) but an external helps a lot. If you turn your volume to max, and it's not high enough, and then add 2 or 5 more levels to raise it (which is all your essentially doing) your just sending a higher powered clipped signal to your speakers and they will fail on you even quicker. An external amp (even just a small 50 watt per channel) will give you the higher power you need and be more efficient at running the speakers at a higher volume level.

Just remember, if the volume is not high enough with the setting all the way up (where it is definitely clipping) turning it louder by offsetting it will be clipping it even more.

The price for a small amp and a new set of speakers are relatively the same, and 50 watts is 3 times the unclipped power of the original head unit, and will save your speakers. Later ya'll!

I know, it's a sad fact about not having enough power with Kenwoods(like 17 watts rms) but an external helps a lot. If you turn your volume to max, and it's not high enough, and then add 2 or 5 more levels to raise it (which is all your essentially doing) your just sending a higher powered clipped signal to your speakers and they will fail on you even quicker. An external amp (even just a small 50 watt per channel) will give you the higher power you need and be more efficient at running the speakers at a higher volume level.
Just remember, if the volume is not high enough with the setting all the way up (where it is definitely clipping) turning it louder by offsetting it will be clipping it even more.

The price for a small amp and a new set of speakers are relatively the same, and 50 watts is 3 times the unclipped power of the original head unit, and will save your speakers. Later ya'll!
I actually have a 180 watt 6 channel factory amp and factory speakers, so I'm not concerned about them clipping. My concern would be clipping to my 800w amp to my two subs....would they still be clipping, bc I don't hear this "clipping" at all

Yeah, at the point clipping begins, you would not be able to make it out audibly. And running a higher powered setup would make it that much more dangerous to your speakers. At 30 watts a channel, your not running that much power to the front speakers, but they are still vulnerable to clipping, and being factory speakers, they are probably not built to handle the extra heat produced. Your subs are subject to the same forces as factory speakers, just because we apply much more power, they need to have even more attention paid to there well being. I believe in the car audio reference database, there is a good amount of information to make your system as loud as possible and efficient, but also reliable. here is the link:

Car Audio Reference Database

Hope this helps you out Bro!

I have a 4 Channel, 400 Watt DHD Amp for my speakers. It can make my speaks crank, but I notice the gain on the amp is pretty sensitive. As soon as I start turning the gain up, about a quarter ways, its Treble City.... They will go really loud without distortion, however the speakers sound high pitched no matter what song I play. I wonder if a electronic crossover can help with this problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.