Volume of sub enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

tractng
10+ year member

Can somebody confirm if I am correct. I have a JL 10w3v3 D4.

Based on JL spec, I need .625 cubic volume of net. and .844157 gross cubic volume

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11232.pdf

So the total cubic volume (gross internal) would be :

17.25 x 10.25 x 8 x 8.25 (already subtract 3/4 for mdf on all sides) = 1458.703/1728=.844157 gross internal volume?

Just making sure. My last build I did it incorrectly (I used net before taking in consideration for the sub so the enclosure turned out smaller).

tnt

It can't be ported if they're telling him gross and net, they wouldn't be able to tell gross because they would have no idea how big your port is going to be. but yes, your math is correct but your reading skills are a little lacking.

Can somebody confirm if I am correct. I have a JL 10w3v3 D4.
Based on JL spec, I need .625 cubic volume of net. and .844157 gross cubic volume

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11232.pdf

So the total cubic volume (gross internal) would be :

17.25 x 10.25 x 8 x 8.25 (already subtract 3/4 for mdf on all sides) = 1458.703/1728=.844157 gross internal volume?

Just making sure. My last build I did it incorrectly (I used net before taking in consideration for the sub so the enclosure turned out smaller).

tnt
Keep reading on boxes. You don't NEED any certain gross volume. All you're concerned with is net. There are several good calculators that do all of this for you. Just put in the space available to you, thickness of wood, and displacement of sub and you have everything you need for a sealed sub.

It is a sealed box (just one sub) with a lj 250/1. I am trying to get an idea cause I am in the process of doing a fiberglass box with curves so the calculator is a little hard to tell. I just want the gross volume so I can pour water in the fiberglass box to get an idea.

Tnt

It can't be ported if they're telling him gross and net, they wouldn't be able to tell gross because they would have no idea how big your port is going to be. but yes, your math is correct but your reading skills are a little lacking.
How is it reading lacking. I don't know the subject //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so I asked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.