Volts drop to 11 and under randomly.

There are reasons people don't run fuses when competing.
I would like them in my daily vehicle though.

If you get in an accident and your battery bank shorts, you're screwed.
this is true, but a fuse can short/fail but not always blow and still cause a fire just the same.

Might need a separate wire harness that plugs into your alt and connects to your factory harness. The same thing happened to me when I bought my singer alt. I contacted mike and told him what was happening and he said that was a common problem because the high output alt trips up the cars electrical system (or something along those lines) and could make your volts rise and drop quickly and drastically so I needed a separate wire harness/adapter to keep my volts at a constant number and its been all good since, don't drop below 14v. Mike had said its a common occurrence on some vehicles when you put a HO alt on. That might not even be the issue though just thought I'd let you know what happened with me just in case. The harness was only like $20 bucks by the way
Where did you buy said harness?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.