Volt drop.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fatsteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I have a single 12” sub on a 3k amp and without music playing I stay at 14.0-14.5 volts but when I have it where I regularly listen, it drops to 12.5 at the hardest it can hit. My alternator is aftermarket 220amp. Just wanting to know if I’m safe or if I need to change something around

I have a single 12” sub on a 3k amp and without music playing I stay at 14.0-14.5 volts but when I have it where I regularly listen, it drops to 12.5 at the hardest it can hit. My alternator is aftermarket 220amp. Just wanting to know if I’m safe or if I need to change something around
What kind of battery? Big 3? Ofc wire?
I got 2000 watt amp with an American Bass xfl 10”, big 3 ofc, diehard agm battery, 200 amp alternator and my voltage has not dropped below 14.3 yet.

I would bet you have something else going on. I would check all of your grounds and connections. You should not be dropping that low with an AGM and a 220 amp alt. You could be clipping the **** out of the signal, that could explain it.

I got 2000 watt amp with an American Bass xfl 10”, big 3 ofc, diehard agm battery, 200 amp alternator and my voltage has not dropped below 14.3 yet.

Where is your volt meter connected? I've got strong electrical and I still drop into the 12's when I'm playing full tilt.

Where is your volt meter connected? I've got strong electrical and I still drop into the 12's when I'm playing full tilt.
Volt meter connected at amp inputs. I did play a track with really low bass a few times and got it to drop into the mid 13’s but other than that, I’m averaging low 14’s. It’s a stinger voltmeter that I set with a seperate multimeter. I have been conservative with amp gain though until I retune in about a week or so.

Have a regular battery from O’Reillys, with 2g wire, 3k and a skar 12” never had the problem until recently. Could it be because it’s a cell batter not a glass amg?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Fatsteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
Fatsteve
Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views