Volkswagon GTi 8" fiberglass door pods and deadening build log *pics*

they sound awesome. brought my stage height WAY up for starters. without any tuning, i am very pleased with that. but i need to work on getting them all tuned up and all that stuff.

its surprising how little excursion they have compared to infinite baffle, but the midbass is so much more prevalent than it ever was. i dont know if thats a function of on axis response, or if its got to do with the AP, or if its a mixture of both, but i like it. its way more dynamic than ever.

and if i can tune it better, im sure it will sound loads better than it does now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

by the way

i tried getting the actual glassing pictures off the sd card from his camera in his card reader today, and i tried on three computers - and windows will not read the contents of the card. i have yet to give it a try on a MAC yet, but im going to see if i can bring it to one of those photo places and have them burn the contents on a CD and try that, but i doubt it will work.

so it seems all pictures of the actual fiberglassing process are\were lost. im sorry guys!!!

they sound awesome. brought my stage height WAY up for starters. without any tuning, i am very pleased with that. but i need to work on getting them all tuned up and all that stuff.
its surprising how little excursion they have compared to infinite baffle, but the midbass is so much more prevalent than it ever was. i dont know if thats a function of on axis response, or if its got to do with the AP, or if its a mixture of both, but i like it. its way more dynamic than ever.

and if i can tune it better, im sure it will sound loads better than it does now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

by the way

i tried getting the actual glassing pictures off the sd card from his camera in his card reader today, and i tried on three computers - and windows will not read the contents of the card. i have yet to give it a try on a MAC yet, but im going to see if i can bring it to one of those photo places and have them burn the contents on a CD and try that, but i doubt it will work.

so it seems all pictures of the actual fiberglassing process are\were lost. im sorry guys!!!
what kind of camera?

camera is a moot point, its the memory card that does not work in anything i put it in.

its a micro SD 1gb card that i put into one of those neat little adapters. it worked a few weeks ago when i used it to take pictures of my rims, but its messed up now.

i can see the pictures when the card is in the camera, but the second i try to hook it up to the PC it freezes explorer and turns super gay. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

and btw, this forum *****. all people want to see is SPL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

you try to plug the camera into the pc? instead of using the card reader? or if you are using the camera, go ifnd a card reader for your pc :p ps3's have them, or most newer laptops might.

i did both. dont try and belittle my intelligence //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

camera is a moot point, its the memory card that does not work in anything i put it in.
its a micro SD 1gb card that i put into one of those neat little adapters. it worked a few weeks ago when i used it to take pictures of my rims, but its messed up now.

i can see the pictures when the card is in the camera, but the second i try to hook it up to the PC it freezes explorer and turns super gay. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

and btw, this forum *****. all people want to see is SPL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Nobody knows wth a hlcd is, ***** for them

by the way

The midbass brought your stage up ? How high are you running them ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The midbass brought your stage up ? How high are you running them ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
im running horns and midbass. since the horns can not play down to 300hz (id like that tho) i have the midbass playing to 1khz @ 18db\oct and i have the horns playing from 1khz+@24db\oct

so i get quite a bit of midrange from them and i hated the fact that they were like 60 degrees off axis on the left and maybe 40 off axis on the right.

so yea, it brought the low midrange up high. it was weird because most of the vocals and stuff would be up on the dash with the horns, but when the mids would start kicking in with bass guitar riffs or some tom's or maybe a male voice it would be at maybe the height of the headunit - or pulling way toward the speaker.

now there are a few songs that pull down but i think that is mostly due to the recording or MP3 compression as thats really all i have to play around with besides a IASCA disc - which sounds awesome. so i need to get some more listening material ASAP.

WTF is an HLCD?

nice pods btw. I was thinking about modifying the ones I have, which you built, to be vented into the door cavity as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.