Volfenhag ZX-7180 Need Help

I've heard stories of trunk fires with Volfenhag amps! Seriously OP either just rig it (cause you're not going to find that part) or invest in a new amp.

Any suggestions on how to fabricate something? Maybe a strip of metal bolted to the casing? Would that cause any grounding problems? Maybe aluminum should be used

No it needs to be used until it catches fire then Ill clean it up and throw it on a shelf. What are those clips called that were on mouser they look like what I need but what are they called? Thanks for ur help.

4525 - AAVID THERMALLOY - HEAT SINK, TO-220 | Newark

start searching here, and you will find exactly what you want, or you could just use these. they are available form many sites, and digikey will get it to you the fastest, in my experience, with decent pricing and reliability. i just didn't take the time to get you to the digikey part link, but now you know where to start. my advise, is to have it gone through, and it might actually be made into a half-decent amp that won't "catch on fire".... not sure what would make it catch on fire.

DO you think thats the exact part number? Will that part number work? I was looking at clips and my seem to be bent different where they slide into the rail. Maybe I can order a clip and make it work for me though, I might have to do some fabrication but thats OK as long as it works and it dissipates heat thats all that matters.

Thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.