voicecoil wiring options

rregl

Sep 11, 2009
Pa
This image shows the DVC driver with both voice coils wired in parallel. This presents a 2 ohm mono load to the amplifier which may damage most amplifiers.

the above statement has me a little leary and my knowledge of electrical connections is dangerous at best.. basically I want to run a single Sundown SA 12 dvc 4ohm (http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/sa-series-12.html ) with a Sundown 1500 D at 2 ohms will this be a stable running setup?

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/saz-1500d.html

Thanks for your help. I'm a noob and this is also my first post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

kevin84

Oct 27, 2009
falls creek, pa
I read through most of this post and i'm not sure if i have it right but it's easier for me to understand if i have a step by step walkthrough lol.

I have 2 http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_206812L72/Kicker-Solo-Baric-L7-Series-08S12L72.html?search=l7&ssi=0 in a dual ported box and 2 http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_206810L72/Kicker-Solo-Baric-L7-Series-08S10L72.html?search=l7&ssi=0 in 2 single ported boxes with 2 http://www.soundstormlab.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=111&nav=0,4 . 1 for the 12's and 1 for the 10's.

How should i wire them for max power? and should i stick to ported boxes or go with sealed?

If you don't want to download the pdf for the 2 amps their specs are:

max power into 1 ohm: 2500w x 1

rms power into 4 ohms: 900w x 1

rms power into 2 ohm: 1600w x 1

max power into 2 ohm: 2200w x 1

min speaker impedance 1 ohm

ashona

Oct 27, 2009
CF
car DVD player online store

AUDI A4 Navigation system Car DVD Player+7 Inch Digital touchscreen+Dual Zone+Built in GPS DVB-T

High Quality:Made by a very famous manufacturer in China, extended warranty:2 years!

7 Inch TFT high-definition Digital LCD Screen, 800*480 resolutions!(2,650,000 color), support 4:3,16:9 and full screen display!

Specially Designed for AUDI A4. No gap with original dashboard after installation.

Convulsed timbre and enjoy all your journey

iPOD Ready,Steering wheel control,CDC port,TF Card slot for GPS and music files(support up to 16GB TF Card!).

Completely Dual Zone Playback, you can run the gps application while listening to Radio/CD/DVD/music in TF Card/USB device

Built-in Digital TV(Only with European Standard is available) is also optional,and it need 220usd to add this function.Please contact us if you are interested in DVB-T function. Bluetooth function have be included

zuozuo

Nov 10, 2009
CHN

Car DVD GPS Player can play MP4/ DivX/ XviD/ DVD/ CD /VCD / CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW / MP3 with GPS TV FM RDS DVB-T Bluetooth SD Card Amplifier can show the best route to your destination can help you save a lot of time ,especail when you in strange city

Chrysler 300C Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System 3D Screen Steering wheel control

Product Description:

Touch screen 5.0 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM/GPS Built-in/CDC/USB/SD Card

3D menu Operation

ipod ready

Steering wheel control

DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats

Dimmer function for night driving

DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface

Multi-channel auto EQ

Auto reverse function when parking

Car clock function

AUX input

Bluetooth build-in

Warranty:One year

mstrawser9

Nov 9, 2007
michigan
Quick question, wiring 2 4ohm subs to 1 ohm. My previous setup had both subs in the same box, but for reason of having a truck instead of a car my subs will be in seperate boxes so i'm curious on this, does it matter if the +'s and -'s on each sub are connected before they reach the amp terminal when wiring to 1 ohm or can they simply be connected to the same terminal on the amp through seperate wires?

barfy

10+ year member
Feb 14, 2006
SF, CA
I have a small problem,

I have a new dual sealed box with two JL Ausio 10W6v2-D4 subs.

I will be powering them with an Alpine Pdx-1.1000. PDX-1.1000 Info on Crutchfield

How do I wire the subs,

Do I wire both with the 2ohm config like this and hook them up to the two out puts on the amp,

Or do I wire both like this and connect them to the outputs on the amp!!

sound giant

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 2, 2004
Aiea, Oahu, Hawaii
I have a small problem,I have a new dual sealed box with two JL Ausio 10W6v2-D4 subs.

I will be powering them with an Alpine Pdx-1.1000. PDX-1.1000 Info on Crutchfield

How do I wire the subs,

Do I wire both with the 2ohm config like this and hook them up to the two out puts on the amp,

Or do I wire both like this and connect them to the outputs on the amp!!

i need this answer too

XPerties

Oct 20, 2009
Blackwood New Jersey
Or you guys should get off your asses and find the answers yourselves? Why do you need someone to hold your hand every step of the way? There's a million wiring diagrams out there, do you not know how to use google?
I mean for god's sake, there's a link on the first page!!!

This thread is SEVEN YEARS OLD, of course the images are gone by now...fucking noobs
Your twat bleeding this week? How about a ****ing noob mod unpin the worthless 7 year old thread and let it die. I hope your the only prick on these forums.

bubbagumper6

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Apr 25, 2006
The D
Your twat bleeding this week? How about a ****ing noob mod unpin the worthless 7 year old thread and let it die. I hope your the only prick on these forums.
How about you stop beings such a lazy dumbass and look up the answer for yourself? If you expect the members of this forum to hold your hand and spoon feed you every stop you are going to be disappointed. It's one thing to be a noob and ask a question, but it's an entirely different thing to sit here and ***** about the lack of help for your stupid ass.

Here, I'll even provide you with a link

How the fuck do I wire subs?

XPerties

Oct 20, 2009
Blackwood New Jersey
I don't believe I ever asked for help on how to wire subs so who's the noob now? Maybe you should learn to read ****tard, I simply said the thread failed without pictures based on the actually topic of the thread. What a waste of space you consume in this universe.

Good day tard.

bubbagumper6

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Apr 25, 2006
The D
I don't believe I ever asked for help on how to wire subs so who's the noob now? Maybe you should learn to read ****tard, I simply said the thread failed without pictures based on the actually topic of the thread. What a waste of space you consume in this universe.
Good day tard.
You obviously have a need for them because you were bitching that this thread didn't have detailed pictures on how to correctly wire voice coils. If you weren't a lazy ignorant noob this wouldn't be a problem because you could find them yourself. No one is going to spoon feed you here, if you don't know what your doing, and don't want to do the work to learn, you need to get out of this hobby right now.

XPerties

Oct 20, 2009
Blackwood New Jersey
A I said "What a waste of space you consume in this universe."

OK OK OK, you're so right. I'm a piece of shit. I'm a noob. I'm not sure why I needed to know how to wire up subs when my subs are already tucked nice and neat in my truck but hey, I'll agree with you on that one to.

Now let me run and end my worthless life...ummm...I mean worthless noob life, yeah that sounds better. I bow down to you and hope one day I'm as good and ileet as you are.

bubbagumper6

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Apr 25, 2006
The D
A I said "What a waste of space you consume in this universe."
OK OK OK, you're so right. I'm a piece of shit. I'm a noob. I'm not sure why I needed to know how to wire up subs when my subs are already tucked nice and neat in my truck but hey, I'll agree with you on that one to.

Now let me run and end my worthless life...ummm...I mean worthless noob life, yeah that sounds better. I bow down to you and hope one day I'm as good and ileet as you are.
Glad we agree

t_blake10

Mar 16, 2010
KC
How do I wire my subs?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif Just kidding. But seriously, I've looked all over the internet on how I am supposed to wire my two enclosed DVC subs in parallel for 2 Ohms at the amp. (ZX750.1 mono amp) The box has a split down the middle which separates the subs. Kicker site shows one way, and RF site shows another way. Nowhere does it show how to accomplish this when the subs are separated. I've only wired 2 subs to a 2 channel amp, so this is new to me. If anyone could give me some advice, that would be cool. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds