voicecoil wiring options

if i had a dual 1 ohm sub can i break it down to .5 ohm or what would be the next lowest ohms setting i can run it at?

A single DVC 1ohm per coil subwoofer can be ran at either .5ohm (coils in parallel) or 2ohm (coils in series).

quick question.

My Amp has 4 connections for the speakers.

+ + - -

Now my subs are 4ohm DVC wired down to 2ohm.

Do I just connect one sub to + - and the other to the other + - pair since it's a Class D amp and supposed to be bridged internally?

The manual is of no help.

yes one sub to each set of terminals (the reason they put 2 sets is for wiring ease they are really the same terminal) and the amp will see a 1 ohm load....

quick question.
My Amp has 4 connections for the speakers.

+ + - -

Now my subs are 4ohm DVC wired down to 2ohm.

Do I just connect one sub to + - and the other to the other + - pair since it's a Class D amp and supposed to be bridged internally?

The manual is of no help.

This may be a dumb question, but going from a Mono amp that is 2 ohm stable, how do I keep the system at 2 ohm? I see the pictures have 1 sub down to 1 ohm, but not at 2?

If it has to be brought down to 1 ohm, will the sub have more output?

I'm not good at the technicals. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

~Levi

anyone???
wire 2 pairs of the dual 4 subs in series to get a 1 ohm load, then wire both pairs together in series for the .5 ohm load. ms paint coming in a minute, i always get my series/parallel confused to it might be backwards

subs.jpg

so basically all pos and all neg are hooked together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.