Voice coils

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
Well the Voice Coil is... a long story click here if you wanna read all about how a speaker works and wiring. http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/spkrmlti.htm

The major difference is how you wire them. DVC's allow alot more flexablitiy when in different situations. When wiring more than 1 sub with say a 4 ohm single voice coil, that amplifier will will see a 4 ohm load. Some aplifiers perform better with lower ohm's, its able to push more current through with less resistance. With a 6 ohm sub, well you would probly want to run more than 1, because an average amp will have a very difficult time pushing current through it than a 4 ohm. Now if you had 2 6ohm subs and wired them in parrallel you will get a 3 ohm load, now if you have 2 4ohm subs and wire them in parrallel equals a 2 ohm load. Parrallel is all positive's connected and all negatives. Check out the page above loads and loads of info. Good luck and if you have any more questions just ask //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Oh and as far as power and quickness, its all on the amplifier.

I know how to @#$%ing wire a sub (I'm not an idiot), but I asked about the LAYERS in a voice coil (4 or 6), whice is better?

I'm just taking a stab in the dark but I believe it has something to do with the heat in a voice coil.

Dude who is unregistered why in the hell did you jump the guy who tried to help you that is messed up just cuz he miss understood you ****!

does a dink have anything to do with a wristwatch?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif just messin w/ya stones!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif anyway, that unreg is a dink(idiot)!

people jus trying to help dude(unregs) calm down!

LOL. Anyways, speaker manufactures are always trying to build a sub with high power handling and good transient response and the voice coil windings are a constant hassle for them, if they put lots of layers they'll have lots of power handling but a heavy slow moving voice coil as well, so they try to get the best of both worlds by finding a happy medium.

Lots of layers on the voice coil isn't always that wonderful of a thing, instead look for a sub with a **** load of Xmax and a low power rating, those will give good, hard hitting bass while still miantaining a good transient response(I consider 12mm of one way Xmax to be the minimum for high excursion woofers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.